Pakistan hunt for future Wasims and Waqars

Rohip

I was just reading Cricinfo and I saw this...

Sohail, a right-arm fast-medium bowler from the North-West Frontier Province (NWFP) but based in Karachi, has lit up this season's Quaid-e-Azam trophy with a string of outstanding performances. In nine matches of what is his debut first-class season, for Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC), he has taken 65 wickets; he has already taken eight five-wicket hauls and two ten-wicket match hauls. This includes, in his last match, a Pakistan first-class record haul of 16 for 189, including 9 for 109 in the second innings.
16 wickets in a match, with 9 in an innings on Pakistans dead tracks is no joke, who is this guy? Is he really fast or another Asif?

LOL, Salma's brother is bowling good

Even Sami took a 8fer just before he was sent as a cover to Asif
Did he? But this guy has taken 65 wickets in 9 games with 8 fifers and 2 ten wicket hauls. Surely thats scary stuff as an Indian fan. I'm really enjoying battering Pakistan from pillar to post in the noughties, dont want some waqar or wasim turning up again!!
LOL, Salma's brother is bowling good Did he? But this guy has taken 65 wickets in 9 games with 8 fifers and 2 ten wicket hauls. Surely thats scary stuff as an Indian fan. I'm really enjoying battering Pakistan from pillar to post in the noughties, dont want some waqar or wasim turning up again!!
bring it on... Shoaib was also supposed to run all over us (psst in past 3 series).. and take the pitch out of the equation. so were Asif and Gul.. but "Gul" ho gaye before they could lay his foot on the ground.

Sohail Who ? Let them clone Imran/Akram/Waqar or even their Dads. Dont give a damn anymore. How i wish all of Akhtar, Gul and Asif had played in this series, the ass whoop would have sounded sweeter. We should consider giving special privileges to Pakistan team, like what they in Golf handicap. Their bowlers should be allowed to bowl from 20 yards, the batsman should be given two innings each. Lets see if they are competitive atleast then.

We should consider giving special privileges to Pakistan team' date=' like what they in Golf handicap. Their bowlers should be allowed to bowl from 20 yards, the batsman should be given two innings each. Lets see if they are competitive atleast then.[/quote'] I agree they fielded a team that should have needed a handicap against us but 3-2 and 1-0 is competitive, i want to clean sweep them and dominate them like they used to do with us. Only then will I feel we are the superior team, even when we destroyed them in 2004 the series result was still 2-1 and 3-2. Just not good enough. Their team has been so weak in the noughties that we should have clean sweeped them every time

i recently read an interview by Sohail Tanvir and he mentioned tht paaki FC cricketers play their cricket on absolute greentops which is one of the main reasons why they produce lot of medium pacers compared to spinners.... so the OP mentioning flat pitches is not entirely true...

Waqar's Test record against India is nothing special to say the least. An average of 49 and s/r of 80 Okay, I can give him the benefit of the doubt that he played only 4 matches against India (6 ball overs) Mat O R W BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10 unfiltered 87 2704 8788 373 7/76 13/135 23.56 3.25 43.4 22 5 filtered 4 107 390 8 4/80 4/91 48.75 3.64 80.2 0 0

Guest dada_rocks
I was just reading Cricinfo and I saw this... 16 wickets in a match, with 9 in an innings on Pakistans dead tracks is no joke, who is this guy? Is he really fast or another Asif?
Judging by the best batsman coming from pakistan at display I can assure u 99% of those guys have no idea where their off-stump is.. copious number of wickets has to do with their batsmen's mediocrity in general..
Guest dada_rocks
what happened to that project "Shake a Tree and 10 Fast bowlers etc etc " :nervous:
Trees are still there but branches ( ball-tampering) whihc produced wasim/waqar has been chopped off by ICC, one branch (chucking) still remains intact so expect few chukhtars to come up.