Will it Reverse at the MCG?

I've never seen the MCG aiding too much of reverse swing, but the Australian chairman of selectors is expecting it do so. Interesting, given how much docile MCG has become over the past few years but with drop in pitches one can never say. Zaheer and RP Singh are good at reversing it, perhaps better than any Australian bowler except Tait, who for all my not so great rating of him, is excellent with an old reversing ball. Pathan/Pankaj/Ishant, any idea who is best with an old scruffed up ball?

Brad Hogg hopes Melbourne's drop-in pitch will help earn him a Test recall after a four-year absence. The condition of the MCG surface will be crucial for Australia's selectors as they decide between four fast men or the more likely make-up of three quicks and Hogg. The pitch has led to drawn-out first-class games this season, but Hogg was able to break through with eights wickets to lead Western Australia to a Pura Cup victory in October. "I liked it as a spin bowler," Hogg said of the ground in the Australian. "It's always in your favour having a good performance there under your belt." Andrew Hilditch, the chairman of selectors, will not analyse the pitch just to see how lively it will be for the fast men, but will also consider how the surface will cause wear to the ball. "I don't think it's necessarily a matter of how much juice it has in it, we'll look at whether we think it's going to reverse, which is a big issue for Taity and all the quicks," Hilditch told AAP. "Whether that'll be more of a factor come the end of the game than spin, you really can't decide that until you see the wicket." Hilditch said a balanced attack would be selected to suit the conditions. "The pace bowlers are bowling particularly well and they probably are a little more proven at Test level at this point," he said, "but Hoggy's a really experienced spinner." Stuart MacGill's wrist surgery has allowed Hogg, 36, a chance to play against India after he was part of the squad for the opening Test against Sri Lanka in November. "To be able to represent Australia in a Boxing Day Test, even if I'm 12th man, makes me ecstatic," Hogg, who has appeared in four Tests, said. "It's just good to achieve something that you've always wanted to as a child." Stuart Clark, who is a certain starter on Boxing Day, "wasn't that impressed" when he played a Pura Cup game at the ground for New South Wales. "The pitch was very hard work for bowlers," he told the Courier-Mail. "Let's hope they can do something about it and make it more competitive for everyone, not just low and slow and how the batters want it. The easiest way to sum it up was by about the 10th over of each innings there was only one slip in place and a lot of short covers."
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ausvind/content/current/story/326308.html
:hysterical: Wheres Doc when you need him ...
Doc will come when he will come but tell me - which side would this useless bit of a spinner who flights at Bangalore and spears it in at Calcutta have found a place in besides our great nation of spin bowling. He is a facking leach and a parasite. Bowls some tight overs in T20 (where also get hit by the likes of Misbah), gets into the ODI side, bowls more nonsense, gets into the test side and gets slaughtered again. He might as well get himself injured at the Great Coral Reef as long as he does not bowl as single over in the test series.
Players who have won matches against the haramis get a lifetime immunity from BossBhai :D .... waisey I rarely criticize Indian players anyhow .... thats very easy to do. Lets take a look at the pitch on match day and decide ... but right now it looks like this isnt a typical aussie pitch .... and remember we have a spinner as the captain .
Read the "mouthwatering match in melbourne" thread. The curator has promised a shocker for us. Melbourne, venue for the Boxing Day Test, is likely to have the initial pace, which will immediately challenge the reflexes and nerve. Head curator Tony Ware says the early MCG wickets this summer may have been more sluggish than many had hoped but the extra time in preparation for this one should lead to one of the best wickets of the season. "Everyone got excited about the pace at the WACA the other night," Ware said. "We won't and never will have anything like that here, but we will be trying to produce the best possible wicket which holds together into the business end of the Test." Australia are considering taking four pacemen into the first Test, including "wild thing" Shaun Tait, for the first time on Australian soil. Wonder if they'll shock us by making it a seaming track or by offereing a spinner's paradise!
Players who have won matches against the haramis get a lifetime immunity from BossBhai :D .... waisey I rarely criticize Indian players anyhow .... thats very easy to do. Lets take a look at the pitch on match day and decide ... but right now it looks like this isnt a typical aussie pitch .... and remember we have a spinner as the captain .
Arree Boss, don't you realize that this is not the same Harbhajan of '01. As I said this guy spears it in at Calcutta and gives loop at Bangalore.:banghead: PS : He is an imposter.
The curator has promised a shocker for us. "We won't and never will have anything like that (the WACA wicket) here, but we will be trying to produce the best possible wicket which holds together into the business end of the Test."
How do you turn this: " .. we will be trying to produce the best possible wicket which holds together into the business end of the Test." into this: "The curator has promised a shocker for us." :hmmmm2::dontknow::stupid:
How do you turn this: " .. we will be trying to produce the best possible wicket which holds together into the business end of the Test." into this: "The curator has promised a shocker for us." :hmmmm2::dontknow::stupid:
That was the headline Donny. That is why I was thinking, which way are going to be shocked!!
The headline was' date=' [b']Mouth Watering Prospect in Melbourne Followed by: "INDIA is poised to receive the ultimate Christmas gift - a Boxing Day Test wicket that resembles a flat, sub-continent track."
I'm talking about the article, the piece of which I've posted. It is in that thread too, read the article in which they've taken quotes from Greg. I had not posted that article, else I'd have given you the link by now!!!