meanwhile Tendulkar 0 - 1 - poor umpiring

if you think there were errors feel free to point them out ... i obviously cannot remember every ball in a series .... same for Pindi..
Jason Gilliespe had a few go against him- not sure if it was Kolkata or Chennai. Dravid had at least three go in favor of him at Rawalpindi- one of them was very early in the innings(later went on to make 270 and won the series for IND)
what hitting ? you ask questions and then you vanish thats called hit & run ....
I read your reply but didn't think a comment was necessary at the time- if thats called 'hitting and running' then so be it.
You must be taking about dropped catches ... else let me know the approx over and the innings and I will dig it out for you. then why do you keep repeating that question ? This is atleast the third time I have seen you ask this.
nope it is not. anyways look at this video- at least 2 strong appeals from M Sami in the 1st minute of the video and i also remember Kaneria not getting a few decisions in his favor. 6en6J2H9Des
cant say from that video .... only one ball had a replay with hawkeye ... and it was missing leg. Let me see if I have ball-by-ball of this Test.
no its not. At 0:33 you can clearly see the bails being dislodged so if you are going by the book then that is certainly out. The one at 0:55 looked very similar to the one at Delhi(same bowler, same batsman, same not out decision). The video unfortunately doesn't have Danish Kaneria's appeals but i am sure that he should have had Dravid at least once or twice.
And FWIW I absolutely dont have any problems in accepting that sometimes our batsman/bowlers get favourable decisions. Its just that it doesnt happen very often nor there is a guarantee or does it even up. I would much rather prefer a system where decisions are given correctly.
We all would. The only reason why i am going through with this debate is to prove that the umps don't walk in to a cricket match with an intention to victimize a certain team . All of the mistakes that the current umpires make are genuine and umpiring in general is as good as it has ever been.
cant see the bails at all .. lol but in anycase if its hitting the stumps its the outer half of the legstump ...... Now I dont have a problem with Hawk eyes accuracy and using it ... its just that .... my list would go on to be a humoungous list if we want to go down that route.
well if you want to go by the book then that is certainly out- the 2nd appeal from M Sami was a clear LBW plus the ones from Danish should have been given out too.
BTW are you trying to say that there were no decisions that went in Pakistans favour in that series
Most went IND's way.
I have no prob taking your word for it MP ..... like I said the current system is unfair to the players and Iam not the type that will shut up and put up ...
Fully agree that the current system isn't fair but a total reliance on technology will make things even worse.
If the mistakes are genuine out of a dozen dodgy calls its fair to expect a decent breakup .... its when you have a large percentage of decisions go in favour of one team is when the problem arises. examples are Ind-Vs-Aus 2003 & 2004 (In one singe test match there were about 10 howlers 9 going against Ind) SAF vs Ind last dec , Eng vs Ind 4 months ago and Ind vs Pak recently. EDIT : Add Paks last tour to Aus where Woolmer kept a tab on umpiring decisions and the tally was well over a dozen. Lara's last series in Aus. Absolutely shocking umpiring in both those series.
Once again i agree that the umpiring AUS has not been up to the mark but i don't think it has anything to do with the umps being bias. Look at it this way 1- Why would the umpires want to give wrong decisions when they know that each wrong decision will be shown on TV? 2- Why would the umpires want to be dishonest when they themselves are being judged annually? (calling umpires dishonest is like accusing the players of match fixing) 3- Why would the ICC want the Aussies to dominate when its clear that such a huge gap between the # 1 and the # 2 team is not good for the game?