meanwhile Tendulkar 0 - 1 - poor umpiring

Caught the highlights. Laxman's dismissal was excusable. (Dont know if the umpiring call was right). Jaffer got out to a horrible shot, similar to the one he was dismissed at Durban. Tendulkar too played a poor shot, its too risky to cut an inswinging delivery at that pace, when there was no room to do so. Its a practise game, a missed call of a front foot no ball, is an oversight, i wouldnt call it "sawed off". Dravid surprisingly batted longer than i thought he would, given his poor form of late. Ganguly hit my expectations. Overall 107/3 is a par score given the overcast conditions. If we get a chance to bat again (given the horrible weather), 280ish would be a decent first innings target. (I expect Yuvraj & Dhoni resp to score 40s)

was there any umpiring error in WJ or VVS dismissals? i thought no ball was not given for SRT and that was the only mistake so far. im not watching live so i dont know.
Yes, you can see the videos in the video thread Sachin got out bowled off a front foot no ball - so there was an umpiring error, but it was the wrong shot to play and sachin got bowled. You can't say the umpiring blunder was intentional. VVS was caught down the leg, there was a clear nick - so no unpiring blunder there and Jaffer was just plain dumb - afridi type brainfart
Yes, you can see the videos in the video thread Sachin got out bowled off a front foot no ball - so there was an umpiring error, but it was the wrong shot to play and sachin got bowled. You can't say the umpiring blunder was intentional. VVS was caught down the leg, there was a clear nick - so no unpiring blunder there and Jaffer was just plain dumb - afridi type brainfart
Except VVS who was little unlucky, SRT and WJ both had brain malfunctions.

Here is a little something - batsmen like Tendulkar judge the length of the ball to some extent from the arm position. If the ball is delivered a good six inches from where it is legally allowed, he will obviously not judge the length of the correctly ie. same arm position from closer up to the batsman will result in a fuller delivery. It is a game of milliseconds and millimeters.

Here is a little something - batsmen like Tendulkar judge the length of the ball to some extent from the arm position. If the ball is delivered a good six inches from where it is legally allowed' date=' he will obviously not judge the length of the correctly ie. same arm position from closer up to the batsman will result in a fuller delivery. It is a game of milliseconds and millimeters.[/quote'] Very well put shwetabh, and I agree with what you are saying. The reason Sachin got out here however, is not because of the length, it was the LINE. The ball was TOO close to cut. Sachin got cramped for room and hence chopped it on to his stumps. Look, I agree it was an umpiring blunder. But it was NOT intentional. Let's make it look as if umpires are out on a Sachin Tendulkar witchhunt. We are classier than that, surely.
Look, I agree it was an umpiring blunder. But it was NOT intentional.
When did I say it was intentional? Am just taking the mickey at how the charm of the game is being magnified by such blunders.
The reason Sahin got out here however, is not because of the length, it was the LINE. The ball was TOO close to cut. Sachin got cramped for room and hence chopped it on to his stumps.
The ball also turned out to be too full to play the backfoot punch.

meanwhile Tendulkar 0 - 1 - poor umpiring Poor umpiring from Paul Reifel yesterday lead to Tendulkar's dismissal yetserday on the bowling of alan Wise of Victoria.. it was a big fatty no ball.. :haha: Tendulkar 0 - 1 poor umpiring though i m not one of those who create threads all of a sudden on poor umpiring.. but would love to busy ppl like bossbhai N Donny in big massive discussion here, hence i created this thread..