Which one is the most reliable consumer review page for cars

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

I figured manufacturers themselves might go and flood these sites with positive reviews but still there must be some site which is more reliable than others. So which one it's guys?

I figured manufacturers themselves might go and flood these sites with positive reviews but still there must be some site which is more reliable than others. So which one it's guys?
What are you planning to buy? A new or a used one? What are you looking for? A sedan or a van or a SUV? If you are interested in picking information from Consumer web sites then try http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/index.htm. You have to pay a yearly membership but you can get every info on best cars, best anti-virus, best cellphone etc etc. Quite a compiled list, and free from manufacturers meddling xxx

when free is available at Edmunds then why to pay?
Consumer Reports is more comprehensive. I have picked some good pointers when need be. It is not costly, 25 bucks a year, or you can take a monthly membership which I think was about 6 bucks(not a big amount to pay when you are gonna spend anything from 15 K to 30 K for a car) I do check Edmunds or KBB from time to time. However if you follow any channel/media etc they will always mention - "Consumer Reports best buy". But yes if you are just looking for some online pointers check Edmunds.com or kbb.com. xxx

Guest dada_rocks

SUV not a chance I am planning to switch to Hybrid-camry.. yeah yeah despite all those liberalism-espousal at the end of the day I am one of those tree-hugging types..

SUV not a chance I am planning to switch to Hybrid-camry.. yeah yeah despite all those liberalism-espousal at the end of the day I am one of those tree-hugging types..
I havent great stuff about Hybrid Camry. Seems to me the best option for Hybrid right now are small cars - Prius etc.

Hybrid for bigger sedans may not be a good idea. Keep in mind that their mid size SUV Lexus RX400-h is not doing so well . Why don't you consider Prius. That's the best out there and you can't go wrong at all with your decision.

Kuchh jyada hi chhota hai wo.. Although looks great
Thats probably why it works too. Big cars need bigger engine,more power etc etc. Hybrid cars have thus far been unable to break the power issue without compromising on fuel efficiency. If you want to go for hubrid go for Prius, else better watch for a year or two.

Kuchh jyada hi chhota hai wo.. Although looks great
Actually it's quite roomy from the inside.. That's the first comment I get whenever ppl come and sit inside at the back.. "Hey's it's pretty big" (yes yes before you go all snarky on me, that comment is reserved for other situations also :P) Go and sit inside one with your wife and kiddo and see if it looks too small. Plus it's got a massive boot as well.

i like the buyers reviews on autos.msn.com.... for most cars, u will see 1000s of reviews and when u read around 80 of them, u will kinda know the most common pros and cons and the rest are just individual biases.... thts how i do my research....

Guest dada_rocks

I don't mind bada chhota meri saas jo hai na agar trunk chhota hota hai to shuru ho jati hai kahana rakhen ye aur wo.. .. Saanthana shuru kar deti hai saamaan jab bhi jao to..Wo to mere pichhe padi hui hain ki SUV saas/bibi/me compromise solution huaa hai oke sedan.. wahan bhi CAMRY nahin galant par wahan hybrid ka option nahin hai ( reason wahi hai biggest trunk in that group).. mujhe bahut canvassing karni hogi prius ke liye ..:D Varun: sachmuch kafi bada hai ye to nahin kabhi sunane ko mila.. Apo: maine us page ki chatni bana daali hai.. sala koi bhi waise taiyaar nahin ho raha hai floorcharge drop karne ke liye.. One thing I noticed if u don't know things these car dealers can fleece couple of thousand dollar from u just like that.. i hate this car-selling gimmicks.. sala lay out whatever option u have in opne why does one have to do research for merely buying a car and figure out all their gimmicks Gator: It's so confusing kahin pe people have nothing but praise while others give total thumbs down..

IS there any free of cost way of figuring out? Manufacturer to dealer incentive manufacturere to customer incentive Hold-back
Abbe woh sab to theek hai but most important thing is your budget. If you can get a Hybrid SUV in your budget then whats the problem?? Fuel economy plus big ride for everyone. Okay I admit SUVs are not the most ideal for Hybrids but while you are checking out why not them check too? Try Ford Escape. The hybrid version gives you about 30 miles a gallon, not bad for a SUV. Plus if you are worried about not getting fleeced then look for Acura, generally their vehicles come all packaged. But the question would be budgetary constraint.