Bets on Gujarat : BJP: 1:2 odds

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath

Modi has won everywhere...in an election where Congress were predictingthey will edge him out, where media was predicting just barely simple majority, Modi has come to almost 120...just give it a rest; the Gujrat people have voted on development and they are happy under BJP and Modi. Period.

Guest HariSampath

The only places where BJP has lost some is central Gujrat , scene of riots, which means that this election had nothing to do with riots/polarisation due to community etc. This was always a congress stronghold which Modi swept after 2002 riots, but the fact that its half and half here tells the story

Guest HariSampath
Most of the seat gains are from the riot affected areas of North and ministers have either lost or had a deficit in their votes. Development? Sure' date=' if you say so.[/quote'] here also u are wrong, as there have been no seat "gains" in North Gujarat, in fact it is almost same as 2002 and maybe fractionally less

>Most of the seat gains are from the riot affected areas of North and ministers have either lost or had a deficit in their votes. Development? Sure, if you say so. Totally wrong. Its development all the way. For example, Saurashtra and Patels (farmers) of Saurashtra consider Keshubhai Patel their leader. There were big rallies by this farmers against Modi headed by Keshubhai. Even we expected that they will lose significant seats here in Saurashtra due to Patels. But heck no, majority voted for development. You know I was pleasantly surprised when I came back here to see the development here. Yes BJP is not perfect, but Modi has done really well..

Guest dada_rocks

central Gujraat riot affected areas MBJP has lost 18 seats in comparison to 2002....... Psec media craps alot.. just other day they released a report telling 24000 hindus are either behidn bars or facing court trial and local hindus are angry over this.. even saints think Modi has not helped them out in riot case.. and same clownish psec media wil turn around and say MOdi orchestrated riot and save all those riot accused.. BS afterBS people are getting fed these morons think janta is stupid that they will swallow any garbage they dish..

The satta market was looking at estimated profits of Rs 675 crore, even after the biggest syndicate pitched in for the Congress in the last two days before counting of votes on Sunday. The late swing in the satta rates brought in about Rs 400 crore out of the total turnover of Rs 2,000 crore during the entire election season which started in early October. The profits have come mainly from punters in the rural areas who pitched in heavily for the Congress throughout the campaign, and really tried to go in for the kill in the last lap. The heavy bout of betting in the last week on the Congress counters forced some large syndicates to alter the odds in favour of the Congress. The gains, according to betting syndicates, are of those urban punters who were precise with their predictions. Though bookies were still counting the profits till late evening, market sources said the satta rates are laid out in such a way that more speculators were likely to lose than win it. "Many punters have made good money on individual seats where they had guessed the results right but all those who thought this was a close contest or that Congress had a chance of forming a government have taken a huge hit," said a leading bookie who has made a cool profit of around Rs 40 crore. Bookies said the 'nervous' 90s - the narrow range of seats between 91 and 100 where the maximum bets were placed - had proved to be the biggest graveyard for the speculators who were taken in by the opinion polls on television. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Gujarat_Satta_nets_Rs_675-cr_profit/articleshow/2646274.cms

Guest HariSampath

I wonder how much I could have made if I had been prepared for even 1: 2 odds on Modi as favorite. Seeing that the satta market bet on FAR less odds on the Congress, I guess I could have safely made around 20 Crores on BJP :((