Bet on 10 to 1 : India wins First Test

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath
I have to admit the Modi bet i made with you has to be one of the most foolish bets i have ever made in my life. :D
Don't worry....by this time 2 days later...the modi bet would have become 2nd most foolish bet :D
Guest HariSampath
Hari, Romba nalla manasu to give MM back his money :D
chee chee....MM dhaan dharala manasu..he wants to give me another 20 K and I will just be returning 1000 if he wins :D

Hari, i have my 2500 odd ICF currency. i cant bet against India.no way. even if I may lose out on 500. just wanted to let u know that I can give my 2500 free to you if you are in bad debt at the end of the match. I will be very happy if we win, needless to add.

Guest HariSampath
Hari, i have my 2500 odd ICF currency. i cant bet against India.no way. even if I may lose out on 500. just wanted to let u know that I can give my 2500 free to you if you are in bad debt at the end of the match. I will be very happy if we win, needless to add.
hey thanx Rajan...by the way you have 3500, and in any case, even if India loses, I will have to shell out just 8000 bucks and I have 90,000 so no problem...but as you are with me and made a kind offer, I shall send you "reward" of 2500 if India and we win :two_thumbs_up:

Hari, how ethical is it to make money of people's patriotism ? Unfair mate, its ok to use people lack of intelligence to fool them ( its their fault, they are quite simply too dumb, cant help it) but not so nice to exploit people's emotions to win some $ My Modi bet was simply a matter of me being fooling/careless, but the India bets which are you are goading posters to take, hmmmm.... I wonder.

Guest HariSampath

LOL...I am the one who is patriotic by betting on an Indian win against ALL odds,, btw,,,you guys are the ones trying to make money on India's defeat

Guest HariSampath

MM...think you got this bet mixed up..please NOTE: I am backing my team India against ALL odds....and you are hoping to make money on India LOSING....when its almost funeral rites for our team...how am I "unethical" and you "patriotic" ?? If India loses, I lose with our team...and if India loses...you make money...so now who is patriotic ?

hey thanx Rajan...by the way you have 3500' date=' and in any case, even if India loses, I will have to shell out just 8000 bucks and I have 90,000 so no problem...but as you are with me and made a kind offer, I shall send you "reward" of 2500 if India and we win :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] Thanks Hari. it might sound improbable , but Cricket , as they say, is a game of glorious uncertainties! if the batsmen just focus on 10 runs at a time like Gilly and Langer did in the 4th innings against a very good pakistan bowling attack from an almost hopeless position, way back in 1999, then we would win, even against all odds! who in india would have believed that we would win the kolkotta test when SRT got out for 10, Ganguly for some 40 odd and when we were staring down the barrel, in that Great test? the writing was on the wall, well and truly clear. It is the sheer self belief and skill that brought the best out of VVS and RD in that match. we need something similar to that to see us in what would be the GREATEST EVER 4th innings chase, if we can pull it off!!!
Guest HariSampath

yeah...India sucked bigtime. No fight, no spirit, no plan no nuthin...and fully deserved the 337 loss. What I find disgusting is that India always were playing to save the test match after getting Aussies out for 340...and if I have to pick 2 men to blame for this approach, I would squarely blame Dravid and Kumble(captain). When Dravid had practically thrown the game back to Aussies on the second morning with his pathetic and miserable batting, he made the Aussies get on top and the middle order were always gonna be under pressure. And Anil Kumble was to blame very much. He selected the wrong team, guided by "who to accomodate and how"...instead of " who do I need to win"..and when Dravid was stonewalling he should have asked him to get on with it. When we start playing tests for the sake of individuals and still try to justify it, we know we have already lost.