Merchant of development

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
http://www.indianexpress.com/story/254563.html The CPM has told us Narendra Modi cannot be defeated electorally. In India and abroad, the Left has never been enamoured of democracy and elections. That perhaps explains why CPM leaders, not even elected through Rajya Sabha, presume they have a right to determine what is right for the entire country. We have also been told Modi must be defeated ideologically. Ideology is about ideas. Now that the sitting duck government at the Centre has become a lame duck government and post-mortems of Gujarat are converted into ante-mortems for UPA, what kind of idea of India should be sold in 2009, if not 2008? In differentiating between Congress and the BJP, there is an economic strand and there is a political one, although the two are related. It can be no one’s case that Gujarat elections were won, or overwhelmingly won, on development alone. However, consider these facts. First, Gujarat’s state domestic product (SDP) growth has been phenomenal. The decimal point depends on year taken as cut-off. But that apart, from around 7.5 per cent in the 1990s, real growth shot up to 10 per cent-plus in the last five years. That’s per capita growth of 8 per cent-plus and has no parallel among major states. It’s also far higher than the national average.

Another N. Modi praise. Ok, thanks. Boss Bhai: I know in one thread you asked me some questions. Please excuse me. Once in a while I wish to express my disgust of N. Modi and his intolerance towards sections of people. Not interested in an elaborate debate currently. So you can ignore me right now on the N. Modi issue. Just venting my frustration that such a narrow minded politician (a stronger word would be scoundrel - but again, many politicians are scoundrels) is elected again, thats all. Anyways, venting done for now. Moving on to cricket topics hopefully.

Guest dada_rocks

don't ask for proof this lady is yet to venture in gujraat ka sach thrread she finds truth uncoformtable but I mut let her have her baseless bias bullshit at its very best

Guest dada_rocks
Boss Bhai, Thats not the right translation. The translation would be that I dont have any hope of making some folks see the true bias that N. Modi is full of.
I wud love to see a post where u have posyed anythign other than ur personal belief in dfence f ur baseless allegations.. then to say I have lost faith in that process suggesting u have ever tried is selfdenial at its very best.. u have produced zilch zero nada so far

Guest dada_rocks
http://dailypioneer.com/columnist1.asp?main_variable=Columnist&file_name=kanchan%2Fkanchan143%2Etxt&writer=kanchan The security arrangements are elaborate. As the car enters the Chief Minister's residence, I catch a brief glimpse of the nameplate. It's in Devnagari script and says, in large silver letters, Narendra Modi. In Gujarat (as also in the rest of the country) that's introduction enough. The house and the garden bear witness to Mr Modi's Spartan lifestyle. Frugality is writ large on the furniture, the peeling paint on the walls and in the sparsely furnished, severely austere office. It's Saturday, the day before results of the Assembly election are to be announced. It was 1996. Mr Shankersinh Vaghela had almost managed to topple Keshubhai Patel's Government with the help of 'dissidents' whom he had taken for an extended holiday to Khajuraho. The loyalists immediately branded them as 'Khajurias'. Mr Vaghela's men responded by labelling the loyalists 'Hajurias'. The revolt was quelled by making Mr Suresh Mehta the Chief Minister; he has since turned a dissident and walked out of the party. Mr Modi was packed off to Delhi. On a lazy afternoon at 11 Ashoka Road, I asked Mr Modi whether he was upset over the way events had unfolded despite being a 'Hajuria'. He cackled and then said, "You see, there's a third category, that of 'Majurias'. I belong to this category." What he meant was that so long he had an assignment, he was happy doing whatever the party asked him to do. And he did it with full gusto. It's the same spirit that drives him as Chief Minister of Gujarat. "I am still a 'Majuria'," he says as I get up to leave, and hugs me warmly. At no point during our conversation does he sound cynical. His optimism is infectious. The celebrations on Sunday outside the BJP office in Ahmedabad and the genuinely joyous welcome accorded to Mr Modi by a mammoth crowd cramming the narrow street when he arrived after the final results had been declared reminded me of cinematic representations of Caesar's triumphant return to Rome after a victorious campaign. As I wrote in my despatch that appeared in this newspaper, thousands of men, women and children were delirious with joy. This was vastly different from the racket created by hired crowds that we usually get to see. Mr Modi's popularity is absolutely stunning. You have to see it to believe it. Television footage and newspaper reports do not do him justice. Images and words cannot capture the mass adulation he commands. Every word, every gesture, every pause and every flick of the finger fetches a roaring response. He strides the State's political stage as a giant, a man much larger and bigger than what he is in real life. The Gujarati idiom, 'Chhappan ni Chhati', which means lion-heart and literally translates into "56-inch chest", aptly describes Mr Modi's public persona.