Share your moments with cricketers you met

Rohan495

Player ive met: Sanath Jayasuriya-Very humble, met him when he came for a friendly match in LA Arjuna Ranatunga-Very talkitive had a long conversation with him Chaminda Vaas-Arrogant Desilva-Great guy Laxman-Gentleman Dravid-Was soo keen to know about LA Sachin-Actually a cool guy Kumble-Arrogant in person Ganguly- A faggot Gilchrist- Coooool guy. Brett Lee- Great guy he was playing the guitar and he was asking me about chicks in LA Symonds- Good guy i dont know why people in India do that too him Geofrey Boycott-Hilarious! Harbhajan- Funny as fack, cracked jokes i drove him around in LA Dinesh Mongia-Was whinning to my dad all day about him not being regular in the team Chanderpaul- great guy kind of reserved

1985 me thinks Picture with Roger Binny, in Goa binnsf6.jpg 2) Kapil Dev - Came for a Shoe Store Opening on the ground level of my apartment in Bombay, just shook hands thats all 3) M. Azaharuddin - Classy Dashing Personality, met him Taj Intercontinental, Mumbai 4) V. Kambli - Bewda baaz, met him at a restaurant called " The Pavillion ", a cricket themed restaurant at my Khar Gymkhana, Bombay met Leander Paes there too I have heard form my friends that Kumble is pretty arrogant as well ------------------- Rohan - You must own a popular restaurant or hotel in LA then

Guest dada_rocks

little psychobabble: we tend to attach the tag of arrogant or cool depnding on our idea of what those words mean. Mind you these words come with different set of behavious from one olace to another. That's why the same guy one person finds cool while another arrogant. Tulsidas comes to mind जाकी रही भावना जैसी प्रभू मूरत देखि तीन तैसी |

Ganguly- A faggot ----->kaise pata ? Actually a lot of people have said the same thing about Ganguly being arrogant , can you please shed some light why you didnt like him
The reason why is because when i was chilling in the lobby at the Hilton in trinidad. India was doing well they posted a good score. Still ganguly seemed to be in an arrogant mood just because he didnt score runs. He was the captain at the time. People went up to him for autographs and he rejected people and gave them a bad attitude
Guest HariSampath

It is absurd to make sweeping generalisations on cricketer's personalities based on shaking hands or exchanging 2-3 words while getting an autograph. The comments on Kumble are really laughable; I have personally known many Indian cricketers, over the years including Mohd Azharuddin, Kumble, Srikkanth etc, and as all these guys have captained India , I also knew several more Indian cricketers...it is totally wrong to make judgments based on a couple of minutes , especially when public personalities like Intl cricketers may well be putting on a different face in public in front of fans, groups etc. Only when you get to know them a bit and over a period of time you can know some bit about them really .