ICC ratings thread

Donny

I am ahuge sachin fan myself but it is time we stop giving importance to individuals and their rankings..cricket is a team sport..sachin entering the top10 does not change the fact that we were well and truly whipped by the kangaroos...I would take these so called rankings with a pinch of salt..!!
Just tells you the pathetic state of the "Indian Cricket team"...the only guy in the top 10 ( of bowlers and batsmen) is 34 years old and has been playing cricket for 18 years...WHERE THE HELL ARE OUR TALENTS.... Whts the freaking point of winning a 20 over a side street cricket cup....We suck where we shouldnt....
I am ahuge sachin fan myself but it is time we stop giving importance to individuals and their rankings..cricket is a team sport..sachin entering the top10 does not change the fact that we were well and truly whipped by the kangaroos...I would take these so called rankings with a pinch of salt..!!
And a pinch of reality which sadly shows there has been 0 progress since the 90s :giggle:
And a pinch of reality which sadly shows there has been 0 progress since the 90s :giggle:
In other words we are still a one man army dependent on sachin...i think we could still have pulled it off in nagput had it been any other team..we were in a similar situation chasing 317 against england in the 6th odi..the asking rate had creeped upto almost 8 an over but the english attack is only half as good as the aussie one..despite a blinder from uthappa we could not make it
In other words we are still a one man army dependent on sachin...i think we could still have pulled it off in nagput had it been any other team..we were in a similar situation chasing 317 against england in the 6th odi..the asking rate had creeped upto almost 8 an over but the english attack is only half as good as the aussie one..despite a blinder from uthappa we could not make it
Exactly. Now if they want to drop him because they want to force the "fearless aggressive useless (so far)" youngsters to grow up that's different, but of course some stats magician(s) will keep on proving how useless SRT's been :hysterical::hysterical:
?? what do you mean' date=' you dont like Australia winning[/quote'] I don't particularly care, either way. I like to see good cricket - whoever plays it. Why is it so difficult to understand all Aussies aren't mad keen fans of the national team ? Two of my best mates (Oz born) are full on Windies fans. They have been members in AC.net for more than 3 years. Nobody likes or respects them less for not being Aussie fans. My favourite team is Victoria (The Bushrangers). They just beat South Australia *outright. I'm far more excited about that than the Aussies beating India. :regular_smile: *If anyone's interested, Victoria: 438 (David Hussey 104, Cam White 76) and 4/158 dec. (Hussey 74 n.o.) Sth. Australia: 249 and 77
Is cricket the only sport you watch?
No. I've been an avid sports watcher from when we first got a TV (about 1960) although I did see a bit of the '58 Ashes Test series at a mate's place. As a kid, I wanted to be a sports writer so, I've followed Aussie Rules football, F1 Grand Prix, Oz touring cars, motorcycle Grand Prix, golf, horse and greyhound racing, tennis, the Olympics & Commonwealth games, swimming and a LOT of cricket. These days, it's mostly cricket and Aussie Rules. I'm less interested in all the other sports mentioned but still keep an eye on results. The only mainstream sports I'm not interested in at all are Soccer and basketball as I consider both to be fairly meaningless sporting contests. As I don't get FTA reception where I live (in a valley but up in the hills), I don't get to see the Aussie summer Tests but I do get the domestic one dayers and T20 and the Pura Cup final with satellite TV. With this, I also get nearly all the overseas ODIs and Tests through Fox Sports (Sky elsewhere). Incidentally, I don't mind at all not getting Channel 9's coverage of the cricket because it's such a sellathon and most of the comms are appalling. Because I cover all world cricket in AC.net, that keeps me fairly busy. :regular_smile:
Just tells you the pathetic state of the "Indian Cricket team"...the only guy in the top 10 ( of bowlers and batsmen) is 34 years old and has been playing cricket for 18 years...WHERE THE HELL ARE OUR TALENTS.... Whts the freaking point of winning a 20 over a side street cricket cup....We suck where we shouldnt....
werent u the one jumping up and down when we r winning?
No. I've been an avid sports watcher from when we first got a TV (about 1960) although I did see a bit of the '58 Ashes Test series at a mate's place. As a kid, I wanted to be a sports writer so, I've followed Aussie Rules football, F1 Grand Prix, Oz touring cars, motorcycle Grand Prix, golf, horse and greyhound racing, tennis, the Olympics & Commonwealth games, swimming and a LOT of cricket. These days, it's mostly cricket and Aussie Rules. I'm less interested in all the other sports mentioned but still keep an eye on results. The only mainstream sports I'm not interested in at all are Soccer and basketball as I consider both to be fairly meaningless sporting contests. As I don't get FTA reception where I live (in a valley but up in the hills), I don't get to see the Aussie summer Tests but I do get the domestic one dayers and T20 and the Pura Cup final with satellite TV. With this, I also get nearly all the overseas ODIs and Tests through Fox Sports (Sky elsewhere). Incidentally, I don't mind at all not getting Channel 9's coverage of the cricket because it's such a sellathon and most of the comms are appalling. Because I cover all world cricket in AC.net, that keeps me fairly busy. :regular_smile:
Mate, soccer is the best and the most famous n popular sport in the world and its so damn exciting..you just cant hate it....

What i meant to say earlier was that sachin being in the top 10 or not does not really matter ..he being no 1 or no 2 or no 5 or whatever does not matter as the team continues to flounder and the one day team is really going nowhere...sachin being replaced by youngsters is a debatable point and i personally feel they shud be eased into the team instead of discarding the seniors altogether (there is no reason to discard them,,..they have been scoring runs although they have not won us games in this series)

What i meant to say earlier was that sachin being in the top 10 or not does not really matter ..he being no 1 or no 2 or no 5 or whatever does not matter as the team continues to flounder and the one day team is really going nowhere...sachin being replaced by youngsters is a debatable point and i personally feel they shud be eased into the team instead of discarding the seniors altogether (there is no reason to discard them' date=',..they have been scoring runs although they have not won us games in this series)[/quote'] Are any of the youngsters scoring.. inspite of getting the best platform possible (in almost all games), they still muck up more than they win and this goes for all youngsters... India as a team is what we need to click against a team like Australia. One man army won't do against somebody like Australia. But then pointing everything that is wrong in Indian cricket to Sachin also does not make any sense...

yup, pointing fingers to individuals will take us anywhere..I for one never expected india to win this series nor do I expect us to win the series down under later in the year...the aussies have been a champion side since 1995 and one T20 victory does not make us the greatest team on this planet...We have the potential but we aren't quite there yet

Update. Michael Clarke (11th.) drops out of the top 10 after his 2 ducks. Symonds, Hayden, Hussey, Tendulkar and Gilchrist all lost a few points. 1 R.T. Ponting 788 2 A. Symonds 765 3 M. Hayden 755 4 K. Pietersen 748 5 M. Hussey 740 6 G. Smith 735 7 R. Sarwan 724 8 C. Gayle 720 9 S. Tendulkar 715 10. S. Chanderpaul 711 11. M. Clarke 710 =12. A. Gilchrist 709 15. Yuvraj 690 17. MS Dhoni 684 23. R. Dravid 657

Big moves in ICC ratings After 20 wickets in 2 Tests against New Zealand, Dale Steyn has rocketed up to #3 on the bowlers list. Brett Lee is also a big mover after his 16 wickets in the two Tests against Sri Lanka. Murali dropped 16 points for poor performancesagainst Australia but retains a healthy lead at #1. Jacques Kallis is now a hot challenger for the #1 spot in the batting after his amazing run of 5 centuries in his last 7 innings. He's just 1 point adrift of Ricky Ponting. Kumar Sangakkara and Mike Hussey continue their upward climb and Michael Clarke moves into the top 10, replacing Rahul Dravid. AKalliSSS.jpg 1. R. Ponting 936 2. J. Kallis 935 3. K. Sangakkara 919 4. M. Yousuf 908 5. M. Hussey 874 6. K. Pietersen 872 7. Younis Khan 828 8. M. Hayden 803 9. S Chanderpaul 762 10. M. Clarke 751 Bowling. 1. Murali 904 2. Ntini 808 3. Steyn 775 4. Clark 769 5. Lee 726 6. Bond 724 7. Kumble 702 8. Pollock 701 9. Hoggard 700 10. Akhtar 684