I apologize if my reaction was OTT: intention was not to hurt folks

fineleg

Anakin, You have the urge to name call posters as idiots, and can abuse them saying 'go back to the hole' etc. And, then you take the moral high ground when you talk abt others' posts. Look, I remember how you reacted when I made a post criticizing ganguly many months back. The post (many months ago) had nothing against you as a member,it was my post on ganguly, but you had to jump in and name call a fellow forum member as idiot and make it personal. You still do the same and make it a sling match with forum members! *even if* you feel you know the best abt cricketers and "the game of cricket", and other posters are newbies in cricket (which itself would be a great joke if you think you know more abt cricket than me or anyone else you dont personally know), you can atleast refrain from name calling members here.

Anakin, You have the urge to name call posters as idiots, and can abuse them saying 'go back to the hole' etc. And, then you take the moral high ground when you talk abt others' posts. Look, I remember how you reacted when I made a post criticizing ganguly many months back. The post (many months ago) had nothing against you as a member,it was my post on ganguly, but you had to jump in and name call a fellow forum member as idiot and make it personal. You still do the same and make it a sling match with forum members!
Sorry if I call someone stupid/idiot for posting the something stupid/idiotic time after time. You posted lots of rubbish on SCG, you deserved it.

Before the swords are out(almost out I think) lets forget what has happened. Everyone has different set of opinions and whether you are a mod or any other user it does not mean you can show your frustration on anyone. This is an online forum and people take some matters very seriously and just go off the boat. Remember in the end we all are in the same boat i.e. supporting India. It is just best sometimes to digest some sarcastic comments rather than spitting the venom back in counter attack. Retorting would not make you any kind of a known personality.

Sorry if I call someone stupid/idiot for posting the something stupid/idiotic time after time. You posted lots of rubbish on SCG' date=' you deserved it.[/quote'] I can also say you "deserve" certain name calling, and then what will happen? All I'm saying is if you feel someone is an idiot, then thats ur opinion. No one can change that but yourself. However, if you call a fellow forum member names on a public thread, then it can easily escalate into an ugly fight. That can be avoided. You can either PM the member and ask she/he, why/what etc. Or, you can ignore it and move on. Publicly name calling a forum member, and not expect retaliation, fights is surreal. We surely can avoid that.
Or better just to let them know how idiotic their posts are :haha:
I dunno what the smiley is supposed to represent here, however, there is a difference between criticizing a post and name calling or personally talking about a member. It may be a thin line, but necessary one. Criticizing posts is fair game for one and all. Thats on.

Don't go pedantic on me, apply the same thing on yourself first. Calling SCG or SRT or for that matter RD, politician, selfish, and what not repeatedly, mafia, god father (not you probably this time), or wishing injuries, and I can go on, and then expecting respect? You (and others who did that) should be thankful that I only used idiot, and you're welcome.

It's not name calling when it's just merely showing your posts are stupid, baseless and unnecessary. Anyways, I can go on and on, but sorry you won't get any respect for the type of posts you made. And if I see something stupid, I'll call it as it is. I don't really care about the PCness. If you don't like it, just ignore me, I think that option is available.

It's not name calling when it's just merely showing your posts are stupid' date=' baseless and unnecessary. Anyways, I can go on and on, but sorry you won't get any respect for the type of posts you made. And if I see something stupid, I'll call it as it is. I don't really care about the PCness. If you don't like it, just ignore me, I think that option is available.[/quote'] If you critcize a post, thats fair game. No issues. But if you name call posters (me or whoever): 1. It will lead to retaliation by name calling and escalate 2. Better yet, rather than sling fest, I'll request Mods to delete your name calling post, and if it keeps repeating hope they'll step in to curb such attacks against forum members. Ignore may not be an option when you attack posters personally. Either the poster will retaliate or Mod will have to be called to step in. This despite you being a "long standing member" or whatever.