Some Interesting Stats

Dhondy

1. SRT now has the best record of all batsmen currently playing the game or recently retired, aginst Australia. Overall record versus Australia Batsman-Matches-Runs-Average Tendulkar-23-2090-56.48 Pietersen-10-963-53.5 Laxman---18-1634-52.7 Lara-------31-2856-51.0 Sehwag----9-846-49.76 Vaughan--10-959-47.95 Dravid-----21-1577-46.38 Kallis-------18-1188-38.32 Chander---12-768-34.9 Ganguly----18-994-34.27 Record In Australia Vaughan---5-633-63.3 Tendulkar-14-1260-60.0 Laxman-----9-892-59.46 Sehwag-----5-547-54.7 Pietersen---5-490-54.44 Dravid-----10-809-50.56 Kallis---------9-728-48.53 Lara--------19-1469-41.97 Ganguly-----9-611-40.73 Chander-----9-511-31.93 Younis Khan averages 43.16 in Australia, but has only played 3 Tests there. His overall average against them is 31.83. 2. Kumble, with 11 wickets in 3 innings so far, has already equalled the combined tally of all Sri Lankan bowlers in the recent two-Test series. He is just one wicket away from picking up 100 scalps against Australia. (99 wickets @ 27.12). In Australia, he has taken 40 wickets @ 36.35. His rival, Muralitharan, has 59 wickets @ 36.06 overall against the same team. His record in Australia is poor, with 12 wickets @ 75.41. 3. Ricky Ponting did not score a century in 2007. He totalled 192 runs @ 38.4 in 6 innings.

In the last 6 years, i.e. since 2 December 2001(v NZ at Perth), Australia have conceded 500 runs to the opposition only 4 times home or away. Three of those occasions have been against India. This happened twice versus India in 2003-4 at Adelaide and Sydney, once to England at Adelaide in the last Ashes series, and in the current Test versus India. Australia actually won that Adelaide Test against England, who declared too early and let Australia into the game. That, and the fact that Australia had already posted 462, would have deterred Kumble from declaring today. (On that occasion, in Adelaide, England had been batting first).

you are really diggin em out stats....maybe i'll post this bit on our rival forum run by friendly neighbours.
Don't bother. They are already in a state of mourning. The one thing worse than losing to India is SRT scoring against the best team in the world. Don't forget to mention that against Australia in Australia, their three superstars have achieved a total of 1149 runs in 17 Tests between themselves, at a combined average of 33.8. SRT has 1260 runs in 14 Tests (13.5, to be precise), @ 60.0.
Is SRT making a conscious effort to remain unbeaten?
Or is it a change in the man's batting? Has he reached a stage where, when he gets *in*, there's no getting him out? A few years ago, I read a line by Peter Roebuck about Tendulkar's change from the thrilling aggressor of the 90s to his more sedate, solid self now. He wrote something along the lines of 'This new Tendulkar will make fewer hundreds, but far more double hundreds.' Give me a while and I'll try and dig up the full piece.
Or is it a change in the man's batting? Has he reached a stage where, when he gets *in*, there's no getting him out? A few years ago, I read a line by Peter Roebuck about Tendulkar's change from the thrilling aggressor of the 90s to his more sedate, solid self now. He wrote something along the lines of 'This new Tendulkar will make fewer hundreds, but far more double hundreds.' Give me a while and I'll try and dig up the full piece.
I was thinking the same thing. SRT of 90s would try to blast away after a 100, mainly due to his natural instincts and the state of the batting, but now he's much more calmer and thus will be harder to dislodge playing rush strokes.
SRT has scored more runs against Australia than Inzamam, Yousuf and Younis combined, and needed less innings to achieve this. In 28 cumulated Tests, these three have managed 1611 runs between themselves. SRT has scored 2090 in 23 Tests.
Killer stat, that :haha:
Guest dada_rocks

Oh only if I was not banend there... Mushy has declared three more days of national mourning on the heels of Benazir condolence. Damn u Tendulkar

Guest dada_rocks

I had given Pakistan target of 400 in any inning and they get the winner tag in my book against aussies. For the upcoming series I have lowered the bar further: overhaul the targte of 350 in any inning and get called a winner. Let us see how they fare this time..

I had given Pakistan target of 400 in any inning and they get the winner tag in my book against aussies. For the upcoming series I have lowered the bar further: overhaul the targte of 350 in any inning and get called a winner. Let us see how they fare this time..
You're on a roll :hysterical::hysterical:

Yes, boys, I have been doing some reconnaisance, and mass wailing and teeth gnashing has broken out west of the line that separates Tendulkar fans from a country whose collective mood now makes the Wall Street depression of 1929 look like a bull run. Why...why...why, why do you always give those nasty okra eaters the best batsmen on the planet, Lord? First Laxman, now Tendulkar, this is unbearable, intolerable, insufferable...refund all the trips to Haj I made between waiting for Wasim to emerge from the Lancashire cricket ground and flash his gnashers at me, experiences I would recount ecstatically to my posse of largely illiterate and dyslexic message board denizens many years later, as one of my equally unerudite colleagues put up the December stats for the website under a sticky. Hallelujah, we have converted three more Indians to the website under the garb of fairness while covertly carrying on India-bashing on the back pages of the forum. Clever, aren't we? But back to the point. Now that that misfit Tendulkar has scored another fortuitous ton against the Australians, what options do we have, Merc-bhai? Merc-bhai, whose general persona more resembles a run down Daihatsu, looks suitably lost in deep consideration of this vexing problem (deep being a relative word here, with the hundred-odd neurons that he has left, anything deeper than mental skinny dipping would probably lead to instant drowning), and then responds: "Erm..we could damn the Australian bowlers as rubbish, a tactic that worked last time (after he had wept his mascara off over the 705), but the problem is that we'd have to face that lot in our backyard in a coupla months, and any barbs could come back to bite us in our pockmarked ass. "Secondly, we could point out that the little grass eating runt was LBW to Stuey Clark on 30, but given Bucknor's largesse to the Aussies, the Indians are likely to come back with the ten decisions that went against them." " Why don't we seize on the Bhajji incident, sarge-bhai (as in habildar and sarge), and roundly denounce the cowardly sardar for racially abusing the delicate Symonds? It will, in one go, allow us to get back at the Sikh community for terrorizing our armed forces over the years, and allow us to show solidarity with the Aussies, who will hopefully let us off with a mild kicking instead of full scale pillage?" The lengths some people would go to avoid talking about Tendulkar when he has scored a century, hey?