Harbhajan summoned by match referee

agree with all you're saying rajan, good points made there by you. just would hope some others would see that cultural difference works both ways, calling someone monkey is fine in india but not to someone who is clearly not white in australia just as slandering someone's mother in india is not on whereas in australia if funny it may be made light of /end of discussion from me...
I agree with your above quote.
agree with all you're saying rajan, good points made there by you. just would hope some others would see that cultural difference works both ways, calling someone monkey is fine in india but not to someone who is clearly not white in australia just as slandering someone's mother in india is not on whereas in australia if funny it may be made light of /end of discussion from me...
Agreed. now, CC and Zubin, vitrunga idhoda(leave it at this)

just think about the players, especially Kumble!

100% spot on with your post (#80)' date=' [b']Rajan - particularly the last paragraph. Prolly time to move on now guys.
Thanks Rebb. Actually, when we guys,well educated, sophisticated, computer savvy, generally harmless people with social responsibilities, get so excited in reading some posts and exchange horrible words that we would not use in the presence of our family,just imagine the players, each one a star in their own right, with matching size egos and all that records behind them,are expected to maintain their composure and take it in their chin when a decision like Ponting's/Symonds'/Hussey's is declined by the umpires. It would be very difficult for me to motivate me again and again to forget what had happened and concentrate on the task on hand and lead the team and marshall the available resources in pursuit of a goal, certainly hats off to Anil Kumble!

^^ I was thinking along similar lines today. I saw highlights of Kumble reacting to a (poor) decision on the news just now and you could see he was just incredulous about the decision but he bit his tongue and copped it on the chin. His eyes told a different story though. After watching how upset people in society get about minor things on a daily basis, it would be interesting to see how they would act in his position. Imagine having your every move scrutinized on such a grand scale as well. I don't know how Kumble and co do it.

^^ I was thinking along similar lines today. I saw highlights of Kumble reacting to a (poor) decision on the news just now and you could see he was just incredulous about the decision but he bit his tongue and copped it on the chin. His eyes told a different story though. After watching how upset people in society get about minor things on a daily basis, it would be interesting to see how they would act in his position. Imagine having your every move scrutinized on such a grand scale as well. I don't know how Kumble and co do it.
Yes, when Sachin was given out wrongly when he was batting in the 90's in a test and an one dayer in england, i was wondering how i would have reacted to something like that. I have wondered similarly some times when rare cricketers like Lara and Gilchrist just walk even when they are close to a mile stone,when they know they have snicked one , with out being given out by the umpires! We have to really appreciate people like these guys for their extraordinary ability to behave themselves as role models for millions.

I am not sure that Harbhajan will be let off lightly by the match referee. having taken the extreme step of reporting in writing to the Umpires about an allegedly serious issue,Ponting & Co would do their best to ensure that they are safe. somewhere read that Cricket Australia had asked 5 of its players to testify as witnesses supporting Symonds' charges. also read somewhere that The Great Malcolm Speed, ICC Heavy weight has criticised Mike Procter's decision to let off Yuvraj singh over the "misconduct "issue in lingering at the wicket after adjudged out. If I was the match Referee, Mike Procter, when my boss ticks me off publicly in a newspaper comment ,that I had errored in letting off Yuvraj for a lighter "offence", i will be under pressure to fall in line for slapping a heavy fine on Harbhajan singh on a "much more serious" issue as projected by the Aussies. Unless the BCCI arranges for some smart Lawyers who can fight it out and explain the context and reasons behind the argument and what was exchanged from both sides, from all parties, and prove that Harbhajan did not mean/intend to "say anything racial" to Symonds, Bhaji is in for a tough time. Hope the truth prevails.

Harbhajan likely to escape ban Embroiled in a race row with Australia's Andrew Symonds, Harbhajan Singh will appear before a disciplinary hearing on Sunday amid indications that the controversial Indian off-spinner will escape a ban due to lack of evidence. from indiatimes

The Australians, meanwhile, are expected to be represented by skipper Ricky Ponting accompanied by Andrew Symonds, Brett Lee, Matthew Hayden and Michael Clarke.
yesterday at the press conference brett lee said he didnt hear anything being said, so why is he being taken are they gonna put words in his mouth??
yesterday at the press conference brett lee said he didnt hear anything being said, so why is he being taken are they gonna put words in his mouth??
probably... I think Ponting really wants to see Bhajjis back so that he can score some runs in the series .... :haha::haha::haha: But seriously, didn't expect this from the Aussies... I have been a big fan of Aussie brand of aggressive cricket but they are stooping way too low now... I know this is a little crazy but why not have microphones around the pitch altogether, so any kind of slightest instigation and dialog can be used (where it gets out of hand) in such cases where its ABCs word against XYZ. Of course, this should only be used if umpires actually file a complain to the referee.
^^ nah having microphones all over the pitch would spoil the game for the players' date=' they wouldnt be able to chirp away at the batsman in a jokey way soo much[/quote'] Like i said, should only be used when an official complaint is lodged. Maybe i should have said "an official complaint for racist comment" is lodged And there are stump microphones, but that doesn't stop the wikies to chirp away, as we have seen Boucher, Sangakkara, or even Kaif (close-in fielder) dish it out.