Why did Ponting walk?

Bumper, he nicked it for sure. At the moment he nicked it his glove was a few millimeters from the bat. How is the batsman supposed to know that? As I was watching it and if you look at the replay you will hear a noise and see a deflection with nothing but the bat close to the ball. As for fielders swarming in etc. look at what happened to Symonds and more recently Hussey. Everyone swarmed in but the umpire gave not out. So that excuse does not wash at all.

Bumper' date= he nicked it for sure. At the moment he nicked it his glove was a few millimeters from the bat. How is the batsman supposed to know that? As I was watching it and if you look at the replay you will hear a noise and see a deflection with nothing but the bat close to the ball. As for fielders swarming in etc. look at what happened to Symonds and more recently Hussey. Everyone swarmed in but the umpire gave not out. So that excuse does not wash at all.
How'd you know that, when the replays suggest otherwise ? As an Indian fan who has been repeatedly screwed by umpires, i wouldnt want any of my batsman to walk EVEN IF HE IS OUT. In this instance, walking off from the field, based on instincts & giving in to a bowler, every Indian fan hates the most, when we were UNDER PRESSURE TO SAVE THE MATCH, was nonsense. Sachin would never do that normally. Must have had a brain fart that day! Speaking of Punter, apparently you did not watch the FIRST INNINGS, did you ? Punter edged the ball on to his pads of Bhajji & was hesitant to walk even after the umpire gave him out. :haha:

Come on shwetabh, SRT must have known at that exact moment how few mm away his glove was off the handle. After all it took us watching the super slow mo few times to get the clear picture, he had to know. And just because he doesn't walk anymore, although he did it even before it doesn't matter, he can't walk ever. And since Moin said it, it must be true. Poor SRT was so afraid to face the fast bowling of chuckter.

And since Moin said it, it must be true. Poor SRT was so afraid to face the fast bowling of chuckter.
Did Moin concoct the replays too ? Here is a snippet of the quote, for your comprehension. Read it again & again, until you geddit. Till then, stay off my course, so i dont have engage in your trademark childish rhetorics.:cantstop: "The more I look back at his dismissal, the more convinced I get that the downhill journey for the little champion has started because it has been established that, according to the laws of the game, he was not out as the ball had made contact with the right glove that was not in play."

:haha::haha::haha::haha: Yes, yes, act as if I didn't know that and thus you are right. Just as you have been right about the 35 avg against Pak series, I'm sure that's not childish rhetoric, rather a profound finding of serious research. While you're here, don't be shy to produce some context-less well researched stats to fulfill the lack of understanding of the game.

Kasprowicz who was given out similarly in that 2 run win felt that he was out ... though the replays suggested he wasnt ... SRT's was even more marginal .... so Kaspa was afraid too I guess when his team needed 3 runs :D
But how the hell SRT doesn't know exactly what he's touching or not every fraction of a second? He has to know, specially when it can only be seen in few thousands of frames/sec video.

Look, unlike you guys i dont blindly worship or hate players. I praise or criticize them, based on their performances. Tendulkar had a mediocre two year period, when he should have been dropped. He rode on his stardom, failing to stand up, when our country most needed him. He is performing well atm. Has met the numbers i had set for him (avg of 45). I have no shame in accepting that he deserves to play. If Yuvraj fails in this series, i wouldnt be blindly backing him the way you guys worshipped Sachin, when he was costing us test matches.

Yes, of course, now the last resort, blind worshipping. Since I'm blind I must have missed the stinging attacks on out of form players recently, I'm sure you must have continued your all out attack on all who have been sucking for the last year or so, not just SRT. Carry on dude. It's been fun :giggle:

I remember seeing the replays and it did not look out to me. Very strange of Tendulkar to walk off at such a crucial juncture. I agree with bumper on this one.
PainKiller, are u crazy ? Thy shall, forever be called an idiot or a dumb ass by simpletons on this board:hysterical:
Look, unlike you guys i dont blindly worship or hate players. I praise or criticize them, based on their performances. Tendulkar had a mediocre two year period, when he should have been dropped. He rode on his stardom, failing to stand up, when our country most needed him. He is performing well atm. Has met the numbers i had set for him (avg of 45). I have no shame in accepting that he deserves to play. If Yuvraj fails in this series, i wouldnt be blindly backing him the way you guys worshipped Sachin, when he was costing us test matches.
Do you at least admit that backing a class and proven player is worth it, despite some failures because they have the ability to do something which the kabaddi brigade could not dream of.