Why did Ponting walk?

Was he afraid of getting humiliated further by Harbhajan like Tendulkar was against Akhtar at Faislabad?
Nice angle there shwetabh bhai, I remember it all too well :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: And for a second I thought the exact same thing but the reason was mr steve wonder bucknor looked quite unmoved by the appeal, and if I was ponting I would've stood my ground.

Muwahaha, nice try, but your example is far off! Tendulkar in that instance was not out & he was not a walker, who walked unusually, hence i made that comment. If you do not believe, read this piece on cricinfo: http://content-www.cricinfo.com/wivzimsa/content/story/234769.html Moin wrote in a columnn for Press Trust of India that he believed Tendulkar's decision to walk when he was technically not out was a signal that the end of his career was approaching. Not sure you saw any of the replays (which showed enough doubts on the supposed gloving the ball). In this instance, the only doubt about the dismissal, was whether lunch would be taken right after.

Gilly & Murtaza :haha:' date=' what happened to Ponting now ? The example is not of much use anymore, eh :hysterical:[/quote'] Of course it is. When a batsman knows and thinks it's obvious he usually walks, like Tendulkar and Ponting did. Looking at super slow motion and picking out that Tendulkar's glove was off the handle of the bat for a few milliseconds doesn't change the batsman's perception.

Alright, i'll try one last time & see if i make more headway. Punter had no hope in hell of being saved by the umpire. He hit it, the batsman, the catcher, the bowler, the keeper were all swarming like bees right away. Everyone knew it. Tendulkar's dismissal wasnt that straight fwd. Only the cheat (Akhtar) & his accomplice (Akmal) tried to create a drama to influence the umpire, while the umpire was standing there, trying to guage what happened. SRT could have stood his ground (he usually does in such circumstances) & BOD would have gone to him. Your quote in this very thread, suggests that you seemed to be under the impression that Tendulkar was out, in that instance, which wasnt the case.

Try telling that to some of our resident posters here that Tendulkar at Faislabad also clearly nicked it and walked and was accused of running away from fighting it out.
Just because your pov has the popular appeal here, does not make it right, am afraid. I suggest that you watch the replays more closely.