The Great BUCKNOR Thread

No Bucknor for us please, Indians to ICC Sydney (PTI): Furious with the series of umpiring errors in the second cricket Test against Australia, the Indian team management on Sunday requested the ICC not to depute the two umpires -- Steve Bucknor and Mark Benson -- for any of their future matches. Team manager Chetan Chauhan said that the request would be sent to the ICC and it was for the game's governing body to take a decision on the matter. "We have received a direction from the BCCI to lodge an official protest against the umpiring in the Sydney Test. We will do so," Chauhan said. "We will also request the ICC not to assign the two umpires, particularly Steve Bucknor for any of our future matches," he added. India lost the riveting second cricket Test by 122 runs but the match witnessed a large number of dubious decisions most of which went against the visitors. The team management had initially decided not to lodge a formal complain after the opening day but has now had change of mind following the horrendous decisions on the final day. http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/007200801061550.htm

Doc .... you better be prepared to get your guts ripped out ... not going to let this slide ... I can understand 2 bit trolls aiming for instant glory writing this after having watched the Grand Larceny .. but not you :angry_smile:
Doc, let me umpire for one game and I swear Aussie will not last for 71 overs even on 1st day pitch.. When umpire gives well set batsmen out (read Dravid and Ganguly), no way you can save the game.
i'm just hoping that Bucknor will have it in his mind that he's given out Tendulkar wrongly too many times in the past. So he just might be extra careful with him. Call me an optimist!
are u kidding me, i'd go kill sharad pawar if doesn't get bucknor banned...