So what can we do? Bossbhai?

living

My compromise would be 3-fold: (a) Continue the tour, but our players will take the field wearing black protest armbands. In the meantime, appeal the ban, with a strongly worded statement that the tour will be called off if the ban is not lifted within 7 days. In other words, the appeal is only "procedure," and there should be no compromise on the outcome. (b) Agree to have Bucknor officiate at Perth, but only as the square-leg umpire. In addition, Asad Rauf should have a veto to refer any of Bucknor's decisions to the 3d umpire. Bucknor will not be able to take this humiliation and will recuse himself. He will not be in Perth. © Repeal the Kumble-Ponting gentleman's agreement. Strictly instruct the umpires NOT to consult the fielders in the decision-making process. Am I just too naive? (There is one person in the other thread who agrees that I am).:haha:
Cricaddict, good thoughts! There is too much in stake for both countries to call off this tour. Aussie are an essential part for delivering BCCI's IPL baby successfully. BCCI is not gonna give up 2.5 million dollars for a player who may not even play in the next test match because of the pitch conditions. I would think ICC is gonna stay the ruling or ban until the series is over and will conduct hearing afterwards. Bucknor will be asked to step down for Perth. Problem solved and Pawar/BCCI rides high on this deal This will be a win-win for Indians and Aussies.
Cricaddict, good thoughts! There is too much in stake for both countries to call off this tour. Aussie are an essential part for delivering BCCI's IPL baby successfully. BCCI is not gonna give up 2.5 million dollars for a player who may not even play in the next test match because of the pitch conditions. I would think ICC is gonna stay the ruling or ban until the series is over and will conduct hearing afterwards. Bucknor will be asked to step down for Perth. Problem solved and Pawar/BCCI rides high on this deal This will be a win-win for Indians and Aussies.
Well we had this here yesterday. CricInfo and others came out with the story only today. This is what happenned finally! :two_thumbs_up:
It's never had any vigor &/or significance - except in the tiny mind of Bossby and his cronies.
Donny, I see your point as an Aussie fan. But from Indian stand point it is significant to clear the question of honor. H Singh feels he hasnt used those slurs. When Aussie players lost their integrity and acted dishonestly in the field it is important for Indians to take a stand in this issue.