Religion-meter: sounds good game

Guest dada_rocks

At that late a stage' date=' most people are against it not just from an ethical point of view but from a health and life point of view as well. As far as I know, the mother has a serious threat to her life if she goes in for an abortion after 6-7 months. I am also against late abortions because the woman has had ample time to make the choice and make up her mind. There is no point risking your own life as well as ridding of another one(at the 7 month stage, there have been cases of babies surviving outside the womb also I think) after a certain point.[/quote'] I didn't know about that- but its good to know!

These days babies can survive in the 23rd-24th week ......if born in hospitals with good facilities......... I am against abortion after the 3rd month (unless it is a medical emergency).Three months are long enough to make up the mind. Although it is a bit hypocritical as conception is the start of the new life....but I guess a lot of people do not consider that.I am pro choice but for me abortion at any stage after conception is the death of a human being.

Guest dada_rocks

Abortion now this is very very serious affair.. Honestly I used to be in the "it's would be mother's prerogative" camp. After going through the data from both sides I am not sure anymore. Still with heavy heart would go on with the view that it's oke as long as it happens before being in womb has not yet developed neuron-network and brain to feel the pain. In essance as long as it's just set of cells it's fine but the moment it delves into realm of human being who can feel the pain it's not ON.

100% hinduism.... and proud of it... 1. Hinduism (100%) 2. Mahayana Buddhism (96%) 3. Neo-Pagan (95%) 4. Jainism (80%) 5. Unitarian Universalism (78%) 6. New Age (76%) 7. Scientology (69%) 8. Theravada Buddhism (69%) 9. New Thought (66%) 10. Liberal Quakers (60%) 11. Reform Judaism (56%) 12. Orthodox Judaism (52%) 13. Sikhism (52%) 14. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (48%) 15. Taoism (47%) 16. Orthodox Quaker (45%) 17. Bahá'í Faith (45%) 18. Islam (44%) 19. Secular Humanism (42%) 20. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (36%) 21. Seventh Day Adventist (32%) 22. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (30%) 23. Jehovah's Witness (30%) 24. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (27%) 25. Eastern Orthodox (23%) 26. Roman Catholic (23%) 27. Nontheist (19%)

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%) 2. Mahayana Buddhism (92%) 3. Neo-Pagan (85%) 4. Hinduism (84%) 5. Liberal Quakers (79%) 6. Theravada Buddhism (79%) -------------------------- 24. Islam (25%) 25. Jehovah's Witness (18%) 26. Eastern Orthodox (18%) 27. Roman Catholic (18%) :hatsoff: Buddhism Rocks :eyedance: