What international cuisine do you like?

Brainfade

I doubt may of you here have tried Ethiopian cuisine but if there is an ethiopian caffe in your city, seriously give it a go. Their food is limited in variety but AMAZING. Don't bother with their veggies- its just boiled & mashed stuff. But their meat dishes- masha-allah, its FABULOUS. They usually cook it in a very flavourful spicy curry ( dry curry or sometimes soupy curry) and eat it with this spongy kinda bread that is a PERFECT match with their food- its slightly sour in taste but the consistency of the bread is a perfect match with meat.
Have you tired Mongolian Grill, beautiful concept where you pick the raw stuff and the chef cooks it for you

Have you tired Mongolian Grill, beautiful concept where you pick the raw stuff and the chef cooks it for you
Yes i have. And its an interesting concept but is a bit of a hit-or-miss. I think the problem is, the customer picks ALL the ingredients, the meat, what kind of noodles, the veggies and even the sauces- the chef just puts it on the grill, throws some oil over it and fries it and then hands it back to you. So if you (the customer) don't know what you are doing or what sauce to use, its a bit of a dud. If you know what you are doing (which i don't when it comes to mongolian food), it can be pretty good i suppose.

Mujhe toh petaa hee nahin chaltaa kaun saa khaana kahaan ka banaa hai:hysterical: Jo bhi muh ke samne a gayaa, nigal liyaa...as long as it's pure Veggie. waise -- North Indian, South Indian, Chinese, Arabic -- only veg items like Hamous, Foul and Falafel sandwitches etc. are some items.

Guest dada_rocks

U got to have refined olfactory sense to appreciate sushi smell; for that mnatter any fish smell.. My brother wud kill you if u use the word smell viz a viz fish, it's khushboo all the way..:D.. I cud not take dry-fish smell but he loves that too.. PS: He is not a bong .:giggle:

Yes i have. And its an interesting concept but is a bit of a hit-or-miss. I think the problem is' date= the customer picks ALL the ingredients, the meat, what kind of noodles, the veggies and even the sauces- the chef just puts it on the grill, throws some oil over it and fries it and then hands it back to you. So if you (the customer) don't know what you are doing or what sauce to use, its a bit of a dud. If you know what you are doing (which i don't when it comes to mongolian food), it can be pretty good i suppose.
True. And one really has to know what he/she wants. The first couple of times when I went I would use a good amount of Schewzwan sauce and while the food itself would be yummy it would leave a deep taste on my tongue that lasted for hours. The great side is that its very very healthy. Lots of meat and veggies with brown rice. And tasty too. xxx

I loved the Mongolian Grill' date=' esepcially the concept of picking up raw food ( like seafood mostly) and being fresh cooked in font of you[/quote'] I love Mongolian Grill too!! other cuisines I like, Lebanese, Japanese, Thai

True. And one really has to know what he/she wants. The first couple of times when I went I would use a good amount of Schewzwan sauce and while the food itself would be yummy it would leave a deep taste on my tongue that lasted for hours. The great side is that its very very healthy. Lots of meat and veggies with brown rice. And tasty too. xxx
i load up on a lot of garlic... it is a competition among our friends - who can load more stuff on their bowl.... u know, it takes a lot of strategy :D