Champions trophy - The epitome of ICC greed

Champions trophy  started as a short knockout tournament to spread the popularity of cricket in remote places. First hosted in BD and then kenya. But with the popularity of ODIs in India for the Indian team, It became very lucrative esp. when India did well int he 1st 3 editions. 

ICC in its valiant effort to spread the game took it far out places like malaysia and japan. oh wait.No that didnt happen. They made the tournament longer (more Indian matches) and took it to england and India, where they will get more money. When the popularity dwindled down, they decided to kill it and get a test championship going. 

But since the broadcasters didnt want to bid on it on the off chance that India wouldnt make the top 4, they cancelled that. 

Ironically here we are, discussing the probability of India boycotting this very tournament that exit to satiate ICC greed to show them their greed has gone too far.

I hope bcci boycotts this tournament. I do not expect this tournament to be cancelled or star to pull out so India will lose out on a chance to defend the title (That i actually spent 6 hours waiting out in birmingham in the rain to watch). But i definitely feel that this short term loss is necessary to fuel the long term growth of Indian cricket. Developing the game in Indian tier 2 and tier 3 cities are more important than doing it in Bangladesh or NZ for BCCI. 

Edited by Zap_Brannigan

Agree about how ICC have lost of their goals to develop cricket and blinded by trying to stuff their (ECB, CA) own wallets with as much Indian rupees as possible for their development needs. 

As mentioned in OP, CT was organised to spread the game and raise money for smaller boards, after Kenya and Bangla, they should have tried to organise it in Zimbabwe, Ireland, maybe even Nepal or USA.