Can Shubman Gill do what Virat did in 2011 World Cup?

Virat didn't have much to do in that campaign but chipped in with contributions.Even then his class was visible. 

Likes of Rayudu,Rahane featured in the 2015 edition but didn't do much.They just dont have the X factor. 

Hope the current management remembers how Virat came up the ranks and replicate that with Gill

51 minutes ago, gattaca said:

No. Virat was playing from 2008 or so if I remember correctly. 3 years prep time for Virat. We are not even year away from WC. That’s tough ask for a youngster.

If you go by that logic the only one's who can play in the WC are going to be one among Rayudu,Raina or Rahane,If we assume Rahul is going to be given enough chances if not two of those will make up our middle order.

Do you think a Gill or Pant will not fare better than them  just because they dont have the experience.

However the team management is going to be conservative and we will be relying only on the top 3

Edited by GautiMaan
1 hour ago, GautiMaan said:

If you go by that logic the only one's who can play in the WC are going to be one among Rayudu,Raina or Rahane,If we assume Rahul is going to be given enough chances if not two of those will make up our middle order.

Do you think a Gill or Pant will not fare better than them  just because they dont have the experience.

However the team management is going to be conservative and we will be relying only on the top 3

I don’t see our team management selecting him as just for the sake of experience they select Rahane,Jhadav,DK,Pandey or we have Dhoni.I see him being a regular post 2019 WC likes of Iyer/Pant/Gill would be given more chances.