When time comes, I'll be first to hang up my boots: Yuvraj

Switchblade

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/107281/indian-premier-league-2019-when-time-comes-ill-be-first-to-hang-up-my-boots-yuvraj-singh

'I'll hang my boots when the time comes'

Yuvraj, who scored his first half-century in IPL since 2017, said regular wickets hurt their chase. "Losing Rohit (Sharma) early (was one of the reasons). (Quinton) de kock was doing well but we lost his wicket. (Kieron) Pollard came and quickly lost his wicket. We really couldn't get partnerships going. Had we got 20-30 (run) partnerships, we could have got more close to the game. The wicket was more of 180-190 run wicket, 213 was quite a match-winning score and Delhi has got really good bowling," he pointed out.

"I took my time there. The wickets were falling and I thought if I take chance early, we (don't) want to end getting close to the game, so I just took my time. I am happy with the way I was hitting the ball."

The all-rounder also revealed he's not thinking of retirement just yet despite his up-and-down form. "When the time comes, I will be the first one to hang up my boots. I spoke to Sachin (Tendulkar) as well and he has gone through such a time at 38-39. Talking to him makes things easier for me. In the last two years, I have been up and down. I started playing cricket because I enjoyed the game and then I was not playing for Indian. It was U-14, U-16, so till the time I enjoy, I will play."