Pathan directed to play Deodhar trophy to prove fitness

King

BCCI has directed Pathan to play Deodhar trophy to prove his fitness. They have made a statement about Pathan is being taken to WI as an all rounder and he needs to prove his fitness if he has to be taken. I think it's a good move there is no point taking someone that is not fully fit to a important tourney such as the WC.

Re: Pathan directed to play Deodhar trophy to prove fitness I wonder what the team management has in mind when it comes to pathan. It is obvious that zaheer , agarkar and munaf are the first choice seamers right now. Even if pathan is fully fit , he might not make into the squad. The only hope for pathan is munaf does not perform admirably in the initial stages of the world cup and the management might decide to replace him with pathan. It would do India a world fo good if pathan is fit and in form. Apart from his strike bowling , we should also not forget that he was contributing heavily with the bat as pinch hitter. Lets hope for India's world cup chances , pathan is in form.

Re: Pathan directed to play Deodhar trophy to prove fitness No. Pathan can only play in the place of the 7th batsman which is Karthik presently. If Pathan plays, I hope that he gets to bowl at least 3-4 overs with the new ball. After that 2 more overs and quota of 5th bowler can be completed by the number of part-time bowlers that we have. We just cannot sacrifice a frontline bowler for Pathan, even if he is fully fit.

Re: Pathan directed to play Deodhar trophy to prove fitness

BCCI has directed Pathan to play Deodhar trophy to prove his fitness. They have made a statement about Pathan is being taken to WI as an all rounder and he needs to prove his fitness if he has to be taken. I think it's a good move there is no point taking someone that is not fully fit to a important tourney such as the WC.
Deodhar Trophy, 2006/07 So he'll get to play just one match, at the most. Will the fitness be proved in just that? And what if he gets hammered and doesn't show signs of full recovery?

So he'll get to play just one match, at the most. Will the fitness be proved in just that? And what if he gets hammered and doesn't show signs of full recovery?
well if gets hammered it will show he is fully fit and back to 100%
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So he'll get to play just one match, at the most. Will the fitness be proved in just that? And what if he gets hammered and doesn't show signs of full recovery?
errr...dsr! You've quoted my post, not Ravi's.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Pathan directed to play Deodhar trophy to prove fitness This is just saying that Pathan's place in the 15 is not to be taken for sure as yet. I'm sure the team management would want him even if he not fully fit but the BCCI doesn't want him to go if he is unfit. Wonder if injury is only an excuse to exclude him if he turns out fit and still ends up not bowling well. :shrug:

This is just saying that Pathan's place in the 15 is not to be taken for sure as yet. I'm sure the team management would want him even if he not fully fit but the BCCI doesn't want him to go if he is unfit. Wonder if injury is only an excuse to exclude him if he turns out fit and still ends up not bowling well. :shrug:
Ravi, he is asked to play for match practice he only had one game under his belt after he returned so team management and BCCI wants him to get more match practice. I think it is a good move. Nobody is going to WC replacing Pathan, he is going!