Board set to take ?feedback? on Chappell

Holysmoke

Team India captain Rahul Dravid and vice-captain Sachin Tendulkar?s ?feedback? is almost certain to be taken before the Board has a ?discussion? with Greg Chappell, whose contract as coach ends with the World Cup. Chappell succeeded John Wright in May 2005. ?We plan to get a feedback from a couple of senior players before any discussion with Greg? We don?t wish to involve everybody and that, at the moment, is our plan of action? We haven?t thought beyond getting the feedback,? a senior Board official told The Telegraph on Saturday. He added: ?We expect those seniors to reflect the views of others in the team? Players are definite stakeholders in any coach-appointing exercise.? The ?couple of seniors? can only be the captain and vice-captain. For obvious reasons, it?s highly unlikely that either Sourav Ganguly or Virender Sehwag will be brought into the picture. While the official didn?t spell it out, one understands the ?feedback? may be taken on Tuesday when Board president Sharad Pawar interacts with the World Cup-bound squad in Mumbai. Besides addressing the Dravids, the president is going to host a dinner, around 30 hours before the Indians depart for the West Indies. As an opportunity will be there, Pawar can also have a word with Chappell that night itself. As reported in these columns last Sunday, Chappell (according to sources close to him) isn?t averse to continuing, but would like the Board to let its stand be known quickly. On record, the former Australian captain hasn?t said anything beyond ?I can?t say (about the future)? I know as much as you probably do? Right now, I?m thinking about the World Cup.? That the Board hasn?t started a dialogue as yet is, of course, surprising. Team India?s first commitment after the World Cup, which ends on April 28, is the tour of Bangladesh from May 7. There?s no breathing space.

Re: Board set to take ?feedback? on Chappell lol their won't be any negative feedback @ this time from either one of them. however, once the world cup is over, and if India performz well then critics of chappel would hide themselvz, but if India performz poorly, then Critics like Birbal bhai ka silencer chaaloo ho jayega

Re: Board set to take ?feedback? on Chappell ...buddy, I know..it's the fact that he wanted to come back and played hard cricket. I am saying it's the reaction which caused all this, offcourse it wasn't meant to be that way, it was just a blessing in disguise

Re: Board set to take ?feedback? on Chappell While its understandable why dada or sehwaag's feedback wont be asked....it might actually be helpful for chapple. I am sure Dada or Sehwaag is sporting enough to set personal grudges aside. Like Greg's criticism of Dada helped dada in a positive way, Dada's feedback (eventhough negetive) might help Greg to correct flaws in his coaching ! I think most of the senior players should be asked what they think about chapple. Now weather to consider their opinion or not is upto the board as usual. But it will be helpful to have a broad specturm of opnions.