Tendulkar's bat?

Harrow are for teens and not for adults. The bats are supplied by BDM. They are hand picked by Sachin of course. The willow is usually hand picked and the cricket bat is made to fit Sachin's specific requirements. Most international cricketers don't buy the bat off the shelf, they get it done to their preferences. I know for sure the SLs buy the bat off Laver and Wood but sport what ever label they like in the end.

Guest Hiten.
MRF genius maybe the label on the bat but they cetainly IMO do not supply him his bats. Anyone know what bat manufacturer the great sachin uses?
According to ravi, BDM manufactures them. But I thought SS ton were the manufacturers

Chur Ravi. My understanding though, is that Tendulkar is '5 foot 4'. Therefore, would not a full-size SH be too big? To me, it doesn't look like Tendulkar uses a full-size and that's why I asked. I could be wrong. Being Tendulkar, I could see he could use Harrow, with extra weight being applied to the bat. I ask this, because I am '5 foot 4' aged 29 and use a size 6 or Harrow. It is my understanding that the bat size, goes on height rather than age. At the moment I am using a SS Ton Limited Edition size 6. My next question is, should I be using a full-size SH? Another thing, I always thought Meghna Ram made Tendulkar's bats?

Chur Ravi. My understanding though, is that Tendulkar is '5 foot 4'. Therefore, would not a full-size SH be too big? To me, it doesn't look like Tendulkar uses a full-size and that's why I asked. I could be wrong. Being Tendulkar, I could see he could use Harrow, with extra weight being applied to the bat. I ask this, because I am '5 foot 4' aged 29 and use a size 6 or Harrow. It is my understanding that the bat size, goes on height rather than age. At the moment I am using a SS Ton Limited Edition size 6. My next question is, should I be using a full-size SH? Another thing, I always thought Meghna Ram made Tendulkar's bats?
Harrow is a size of a bat that is often bought off the shelves. The likes of Tendulkar have their preference with regards to height of the bat, thickness of the handle, weight of the bat, bow or not and the rest. Usually openers use light weight bats whereas the middle order tend to use a heavier bat. When I mentioned teens use harrow size I meant the teens because they are of small build. There are exceptions and you are right the harrow would suit a 5' 4". That said Tendulkar does not use a harrow size but uses a custom made one simply because a harrow bat off the shelf will come with a smaller blade width. Why would he compromise with the width of the blade just because he's 5' 4". The full size bat is wider than harrow and that is one reason why short men end up using a full size bat. If you are 5' 4" but of a solid build (not a frail teenage build) then you could use a full size bat or better you could get a custom made bat for your preferences you could just not go wrong. I'm not aware of the Meghna Ram made bats, I know that BDM range of bats also sell as MRFs.

I heard some years back... that Tendulkar used Slazenger (not sure of the size maybe custom sized) The ones that i think cost like 15,000 to 20,000 Rs in India But these bats are sponsored to him by MRF and hence the logo and if I remember correctly, a few years back cricinfo carried a limited edition 300 of those bats for $ 300 each. He carries 6 bats on every away tour. I know Ganguly uses or at least used to BDM range. And he would carry 12 bats on an away tour.

I thought that Jalandhar was the one of the main cricket supplies manufacturing cities. Here's an interesting read. ------------------

THE news does not augur well for sports lovers. Jalandhar sports industry, which gave Sachin Tendulkar the 'magic bat' to become the highest runs' scorer in one-day international cricket, is on the brink of closure. A drop in supply of mulberry and willow wood has hit local sports goods industry. Incidentally, these two types of wood have made Pakistan a top exporter of sports goods. Kashmir willow and mulberry wood have been the backbone of the sports industry at Jalandhar since 1948, when the industry shifted base from Sialkot (now in Pakistan) to Jalandhar after partition. Everything went well and the industry flourished till 1988 when the Jammu and Kashmir Government imposed a ban on the export of willow to other states. Another blow to the industry came as a result of the dwindling of mulberry trees in Punjab and Himachal Pradesh during the past one decade. In the absence of any concerted effort on government's part to save the industry, the situation has come to such a pass that more than 50 per cent of the manufacturing units have closed down in the past ten years, while the remaining are surviving at the mercy of either smugglers or middlemen. These middlemen charge exorbitant rates for the supply of willow and mulberry wood, rendering the trade uneconomical. In a fairly recent development, the majority of cricket bat manufacturing units here have partially 'shifted' their manufacturing base to Jammu and Kashmir. They have worked out a profit-sharing arrangement with J&K firms, according to which skilled workers from Jalandhar use infrastructure of J&K units to manufacture bats. Subsequently, the bats are shown as 'sold' to a Jalandhar-based firm by a J&K firm. The 'shifting' arrangement does not work well for all. Many skilled workers have been rendered jobless in the process. They have been forced to opt for jobs which are much less paying and which do not make use of their special skills. "Not all workers can shift base to J&K. For them, there's no option but to call it quits," said a worker, adding that he himself was out of job for a long time due to this 'shifting'. "There has hardly been any supply of Kashmir willow in Punjab during the past six months and 70 per cent of the units have either closed down or migrated to J&K. The remaining units are engaged in exports and are being allowed to import willow from the valley under the quota system. The domestic cricket bat industry is on its last legs," rued Mr Ravinder Dhir, president of Sports Forum, a group of sports goods manufacturing units. He added that all this had far-reaching ramifications, including unemployment and considerable revenue loss to the state. Sports goods manufacturers maintained that in spite of being aware that the industry was in doldrums, nothing had been done either by the State or the Central Government to save it. Mr Dhir said that though four years back, the then-chief minister had assured them of restoration of willow supply, nothing had been done till date. Mr Ramesh Kohli, owner of Beat All Sports, a local firm that supplies 'magic bat' to Sachin Tendulkar, termed the ban as anti-constitutional. "How can states ban inter-state movement of raw material? Following the footsteps of the J&K Government, the Andaman and Nicobar Administration imposed a ban on the sale of cane that is used to manufacture handle of cricket bat. Now we are importing 12-foot-long cane from Singapore. The Central Government should formulate a uniform policy to save the industry, which is facing stiff competition from China and Pakistan," Mr Kohli said, adding that a bat manufactured using Kashmir willow cost much less than that manufactured using English willow. "Amateur cricket players have been worst hit by the ban, as they can no longer buy a bat to suit their pocket," he remarked.
Link

Another article of Dhoni and other cricketers using bats from Jalandhar as well

Dhoni bats his Jalandhar connection right By Anuradha Shukla

BAS. Does the name ring a bell, if it does it is because over the years many international cricketers have been using the bats made by BAS or Beat All Sports, a Jalandhar-based company. The cricket sensation, Mahinder Singh Dhoni, uses the bats manufactured by the company. The bats came into the cricketer’s life eight years back. Dhoni has even come down to the city twice to get the bats himself. The bat from BAS also apparently proved lucky for him as after making his debut in a match against Bangladesh where he was out for a duck on December 23, 2004, Dhoni scored 148 runs against Pakistan at Vishakhapatnam with his BAS bat. Dhoni visited the city from Chandigarh, where he was playing home series for the East Zone, to get a bat from the BAS factory unit in the Industrial area here. He also stayed for a night with the owners of BAS factory, Kohli family, as the bat was being manufactured for him. He took two bats and the next thing we knew, he knocked off the Pakistanis scoring 148 runs with his BAS bat, at Vishakhapatnam. Now at number one, the cricketer still regards the family of the BAS, says Mr Ramesh Kohli, the eldest of the three brothers. “Dhoni was sent the BAS kit when he came into contact with our Ranchi dealer Paramjit Singh eight years back,” Mr Kohli said. “Since then the cricketer has been using our bats,” he added. The Kohli family, which came from Sialkot in Pakistan after Partition, began the venture at an investment of Rs 400 or 10 dollars only. Mr Des Raj and Mr Mulk Raj Kohli, two brothers of the family, had established the factory in 1950, says Mr Ramesh Kohli. The company’s bats have also been used earlier by the cricket stars like Kapil Dev, Parveen Amre, Krishnamachari Shrikant, Madan Lal, Navjot Singh Sidhu, Ajay Jadeja, Manoj Prabhakar and now by Saurav Ganguly, Zaheer Khan, Harbhajan Singh. The bats are also known as “sixer bats”, as the players using these over the decades have been known for making brilliant sixes on the field with these bats. Sachin Tendulkar had also visited the factory when he was 15-year-old before making his debut in his international career. He still uses the gloves made by the factory, Mr Kohli claims. His friend Vinod Kambli has also been a regular user of the bats. Not only the Indian stars, but the players of teams like South Africa, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and New Zealand, also use BAS bats, Mr Kohli claims. The wood used in the bats is the English willow imported from Britain and the handles are made of cane wood that are imported from Singapore and Malaysia, he says.

Link
I heard some years back... that Tendulkar used Slazenger (not sure of the size maybe custom sized) The ones that i think cost like 15,000 to 20,000 Rs in India But these bats are sponsored to him by MRF and hence the logo and if I remember correctly, a few years back cricinfo carried a limited edition 300 of those bats for $ 300 each. He carries 6 bats on every away tour. I know Ganguly uses or at least used to BDM range. And he would carry 12 bats on an away tour.
Tendulkar used a Power bat at the very beginning of his career and then later switched to the Slazenger V10. He ditched that for the BDM he uses now, with an MRF logo of course. He signed the bat sponsorship deal with MRF after the '96 World Cup. Ganguly, until now, was always an SS man. Remember those cool Kingfisher bats he and Jadeja used ? Those were the days - the wonderful 90's, when bats had logos advertising everything from alcohol, cigarettes, designer wear to makers of kitchen supplies. Good times