Chennai or Mumbai?

Zakhmi

Having suffered losses in their previous two encounters, both Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians haven't yet been cemented their place in the semi-finals. Here we take a look at what each team needs to do. View points table Chennai Super Kings When Mahendra Singh Dhoni leads his boys against last-placed Deccan Chargers in Hyderabad, he would expect nothing but a win which will ensure his team's spot in the final four. Chennai are currently on 14 points, and victory in their final match will see them jump to 16, and whatever Mumbai does, Chennai will still be through as Delhi Daredevils finished on 15. Things, however, will become complex if Chennai lose to Deccan. Chennai will then be stuck on 14, and their way through will depend on Mumbai's results. If Mumbai lose their final two games, they will end on 12 points, two shy of Chennai. If Mumbai win one of the remaining two, they would need to suffer a big defeat if Chennai are to qualify for the semi-finals.

322747.jpg

If, due to rain or any other circumstance, a result is not possible in Hyderabad, then Chennai will reach 15 points. To go through, they will then need Mumbai to lose one of their games. Mumbai Indians For Mumbai, currently on 12 points, two wins - against Rajasthan Royals and Bangalore Royal Challengers - will guarantee them a place in the semi-finals irrespective of what Chennai do. If they lose one, Chennai must suffer a reverse in their last game against Deccan. Also, Mumbai must ensure they do not lose by significant margins, or they could squander the net run-rate advantage they have over Chennai. In case Mumbai win one and get one point from the other (if the match is abandoned), they will make the cut, while a loss and one point from the other or two losses will result in Chennai and Delhi joining Rajasthan and Kings XI Punjab in the semi-finals. © Cricinfo

i dont have much hope on chennai........I mean we won the 1st 4 , so technically all we needed was 4 more from 10 games to reach the semis after hayden-hussey exit. Even if we win against the dischargers, we don't stand a chance in the semis. Just some horrible team selection.

CSK rite now is not gud enuf to be in the semis..and i have no problem if v dont qualify coz both DD and MI are much better than CSK..well if v win against DC and qualify i wud be happy that v went there coz of our own effort and not coz of DD losing against MI..but im afraid CSK mite find it hard to beat DC.. :((

because they havent played well since the Aussies left ... if they recently lost to BRC ...
So what? The aussies were still part of CSK. They wasted close to a million dollars on those 2 + oram , which otherwise could have been used on other players. So the aussies are still part of the team (still 2 more years left on their contract) . A team deserves to go to the semis if they play better than 4 other teams, which chennai has done. Infact delhi doesnt deserve to go thro as they couldnt win 8 out of 14 games. Simple.The only reason CSK doesnt deserve to go is if they had huge luck/rain to favour them. But CSK is not pakistan and this is not 92 WC.

Guest Hiten.
So what? The aussies were still part of CSK. They wasted close to a million dollars on those 2 + oram , which otherwise could have been used on other players. So the aussies are still part of the team (still 2 more years left on their contract) . A team deserves to go to the semis if they play better than 4 other teams, which chennai has done. Infact delhi doesnt deserve to go thro as they couldnt win 8 out of 14 games. Simple.The only reason CSK doesnt deserve to go is if they had huge luck/rain to favour them. But CSK is not pakistan and this is not 92 WC.
:hmmmm:

What Zap means is that Delhi like the pakistanis got lucky with that 1 free point.
Delhi could have won that game .. it was washed out :mama: secondly, we had the game against punjab rain affected, DD were doing really well b4 it started raining and I think that break (and D/L calculations) had an impact on the final result.

Delhi could have won that game .. it was washed out :mama: secondly, we had the game against punjab rain affected, DD were doing really well b4 it started raining and I think that break (and D/L calculations) had an impact on the final result.
Kolkata would say the same thing, that game v.s punjab was actually more in Delhi's favour Punjab had less overs for powerplay and u guys mainly lost due to this untitled.jpg

What i meant was CSK did not get a lucky point or rain affected games eliminating the better team (ala SA in semis)...So in my book they earned every point they have so far and if they win against dischargers(or dont need to depending on mumbai), they deserve to be in the semifinals.

CSK have pushed themselves to a corner with this must win situation. Me thinks they are all set to choke and I hope they prove me wrong. It is baffling that Dhoni has chosen to keep Vidyut on the bench given that he has been one of the better bats for them since the departure of the "mercenaries".