So it seems

Re: So it seems

Sehwag and Gangs will open and Uthhapa will be one down.. Is it good idea?
Bad idea. Uthappa and gangs started clicking when Dravid and Chappell had this brain fart and decided to being Motu back as the opener. :wall: I want Motu to come in the slog and Dhoni to be sent earlier.

Re: So it seems Uthappa has to open if he plays. His style of batting is more suited for the fielding restrictions. If you notice , all his boundaries are lofted shots. If the field is out , he might not play with the same freedom , get pressurised and throw his wicket away..

Re: So it seems He won't be any worse than say Sehwag or Ganguly I feel Chandan. Ganguly is in top form but we all know he doesn't fancy short stuff too. Sehwag has had issues against short balls on the body. Uthappa is not in the same class as Sehwag or Ganguly but is effective. At this point in time he is a man in form and quite naturally has more confidence than Sehwag. Best to use him now than at later stages. I feel Sehwag should be a back up opener just in case Uthappa fails consistently. Moreover there is no quality pace attack in other teams either to cause non stop concerns for Uthappa. There is McGrath, Pollock, Freddi, Vaas and a couple others that are way too good for Uthappa. Otherwise the pace bowling attack in this world cup is not of high standards.

Re: So it seems Hmm.. You remember how Nel and Ntini had bounced out Raina few months back? Hopefully Uthappa is better than Raina and yesterday, one of his hook shot was good. So I'm just praying that he he doesn't suffer from this short-pitch stuff!