No Music while driving!

Holysmoke

Mumbai: While all would agree that the crackdown on drunken driving has made the city a safer place, the traffic police seem to be taking their enthusiasm a bit too far. Next on their agenda - banning music in cars. They believe this will reduce road accidents, as drivers will be less distracted. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic, Suburban) S M Sabde said, "Talking on the mobile phone while driving distracts the driver. As does listening to music." He added that those guilty of playing music in a car will be fined Rs 500 under Section 190 (2) of the Motor Vehicles Act, which deals with violation of standards of road safety, control of noise and air pollution. Why did the cops suddenly decide to crack down on music? "The law always existed. All we are doing is follow it seriously, to prevent losing innocent lives. I have already instructed traffic policemen in my jurisdiction (Mahim to Dahisar) to be extra cautious about such violators. We will come down heavily on them in the coming days," Sabde reiterated. And it's not just loud music that will call for a fine. "The driver will be charged a fine, if he is found playing music - loud or soft." Sabde said. "Music is a hindrance to safe driving. The driver cannot hear the horns. Paying attention to music could lead to accidents," he concluded. Those caught speaking on mobile phones while driving will have to shell out Rs 100. Joint Commissioner (Traffic) Sanjay Barve said, "Speaking on a mobile phone while driving distracts the attention of the person at the wheel." Research shows Research has shown that people took up to 20% longer to perform physical and mental tasks to loud music. If motorists were delayed that long at the wheel, they could suffer a fatal crash, warned the RAC Foundation, a British motoring organisation. An Israeli researcher said in 2002 that drivers who listen to fast music may have more than twice as many accidents as those listening to slower tracks. Drivers are at even greater risk if they listen to music with a pounding beat rather than more relaxed tunes, according to experts.
WTF Seriously.. wtf is going on here...

PS: I hate people who drive around playing loud music with windows down. They think its cool :giggle:
I do that too, when going for a ride with my bros. Makes us look cool by pumpin Desii music:D You should try it sometimes. A different experience:eyedance:

Guest Hiten.

Mumbaikar cops have to be one of the most dumbest coppers in India. They banned night clubs, bars and now this. They're whipped by Shiv Sena's anti-western drive. GOD!

Its the best feeling in the world...
I'm music crazy too...and used to have 4 tweeters (200 watts each) in the front and two 12" subs at the back of my car.2 seperate amps, 10 band graphic eq to keep vocals at minimum...complete system was 'pioneer'.....only crisp hi-freq & deep bass could be heard upto a block...used to love it when chics walking down the street used to give that 'evnious' look.....it was a great feeling......:shades_smile: all this when I was single though...:--D...and in my fav city Bangalore.

Guest Hiten.

Mumbai can be one of the fantastic city to live in minus Shiv ***ing stupid Senaiks (not that it is not a fun city). Yep random ranting about SS ***ers :D

I do that too, when going for a ride with my bros. Makes us look cool by pumpin Desii music:D You should try it sometimes. A different experience:eyedance:
It may make you feel 'cool' but about a few thousand people ( those who you pass along the way) think you are a jack***** of the greatest proportions for doing that. A little consideration goes a long way. Its been my experience that those guys (especially the teenage-20s group) who show off the most with macho-ness, upturned collars, blasting music etc. are the biggest sufferers of blue-balls syndrome (where they are horny as hell but aint getting anything whatsoever). Not to mention, the retards who go around blasting music in their cars end up being deaf as a door-post eventually or lose abiilty to pick up some of the finer pieces of music. PS: What you think are 'envious' looks from the chicks is actually a look of sheer annoyance from about 90% of them. If you don't believe me, talk to them and find out for yourself. The whole 'mastaana' act is far more pain than gain for most people.

It may make you feel 'cool' but about a few thousand people ( those who you pass along the way) think you are a jack***** of the greatest proportions for doing that. A little consideration goes a long way. Its been my experience that those guys (especially the teenage-20s group) who show off the most with macho-ness, upturned collars, blasting music etc. are the biggest sufferers of blue-balls syndrome (where they are horny as hell but aint getting anything whatsoever). Not to mention, the retards who go around blasting music in their cars end up being deaf as a door-post eventually or lose abiilty to pick up some of the finer pieces of music. PS: What you think are 'envious' looks from the chicks is actually a look of sheer annoyance from about 90% of them. If you don't believe me, talk to them and find out for yourself. The whole 'mastaana' act is far more pain than gain for most people.
:hysterical:....calm down man....it is personal preference....btw the hot chics used to give 'envious' looks...seriously..:giggle:

.btw the hot chics used to give 'envious' looks...seriously
When you will eventually get to be intimate with a 'hot chick' and get to know her, nevermind a few of them, you will realize that what you are assuming to be 'envious looks' is actually the look of 'what will this blue-ballz punk do to get my attention this time' look. Seriously, if you think chicks-hot or otherwise- are actually impressed by loud bone-jarring bassy music pumped outta a car, you are either still a teenager or a typical desi with zero experience knowing women.

When you will eventually get to be intimate with a 'hot chick' and get to know her' date=' nevermind a few of them, you will realize that what you are assuming to be 'envious looks' is actually the look of 'what will this blue-ballz punk do to get my attention this time' look. Seriously, if you think chicks-hot or otherwise- are actually impressed by loud bone-jarring bassy music pumped outta a car, you are either still a teenager or a typical desi with zero experience knowing women.[/quote'] hey cc...I was talking about my good times in my early 20s...now I'm in mid 30s..:(( may be you like ABBA or Beatles type of music....:--D

i support this... music while driving causes you to lose one sensory organ during driving. not to mention you might fail to hear sirens and other alerts... add to that the new generation of vehicles with sound proofing... and that is a recipe for disaster.

How the hell will the police will come to know if a driver is playing music inside a closed car? If police pulls over, the driver can just shut it down before rolling down the windows. What moronic decision. I am thinking of creating a motorists federation and sue Mumbai traffic police.