Tendulkar hints at playing 2011 World Cup

March 17, 2007 Sachin Tendulkar isn't ruling out a final shot at the World Cup in four years ? AFP Sachin Tendulkar has hinted at playing the 2011 World Cup in the subcontinent if his "body holds good". "I don't know if this is my final World Cup. The one in 2011 is quite far from here but it all depends on how my body is holding up," he said during a UNICEF function for awareness of HIV-AIDS among children in Port-of-Spain, where India open their World Cup campaign against Bangladesh. "We can reach the finals," Tendulkar - who was recently announced as a cartoon superhero - added. "Our chances are very good but all we need is to stick to basics and gain an early momentum." He also gave the example of West Indies' recent form when assessing how unpredictable the one-day game was. "West Indies were all-out for 85 against us but they then defeated Pakistan. In one-day cricket, everyday is a new day," he said. "We can't take any opposition lightly. We can't afford to be over-confident. Since we would face very different oppositions, we need to have flexibility in planning." Questioned on his rivalry with Brian Lara, Tendulkar quickly said: "I'm glad we both have been able to give some wonderful cricketing years to the world. We have extremely high regard for each other and are good friends and that's what matters to us. "Eventually, if we are able to inspire the next generation it would matter more to us than runs scored or wickets taken. There is no rivalry between us. Cricket is not played among individuals, it's a team sport." This is Tendulkar's fifth World Cup, and he holds the record for most runs scored in the tournament.