Ganguly pretty consistent

Rajiv

Since his comeback, 60 odd today..his determination continues P.S Why didn't dravid bowl him today! What an irony, most of us saw that banner from that India fan ONLY DADA CAN SAVE TEAM INDIA I checked Gaurangs IP, he is not in West Indies btw

Re: Ganguly pretty consistent Actually today, even though he didn't absolutely choke like the rest minus Yuvraj, he and Dravid really started the demise by playing absolutely shitty cricket. We were at 3 RPO close to about 20 overs. WTF? Even if we were losing wickets, 3 RPO against Bangladesh? Yes, Mortaza was bowling well. But against the other guys on this pitch, atleast 4 RPO should have been the min. At one point there were 5 banglas who had bowled and none of them were at or above 4 RPO.

Re: Ganguly pretty consistent Today Ganguly played a perfect innings, given the circumstances. He had to make sure he didnt lose his wicket, yet score runs. He curbed his natural instinct to loft the ball, fearing the loss of his wicket. As long as Sehwag, Dravid & Tendu keep failing in BIG games, we'll continue to struggle.

Re: Ganguly pretty consistent ganguly had couple of chances.. and played slow.. having said that, he openly told everyone that his role will be to build up innings.. slowly at the start... he just needed someone else to hold up the other end.. I, again and again, have to blame dravid for picking veeru as opener.. after all the experiment that we have dont in last month or so with uthappa and gambhir..

Re: Ganguly pretty consistent Bumper thanks for being logical...not emotional like so many here...Ganguly was the ANCHOR of the rest of the team... The BIGGEST mistake was to bat first...when clearly in the previous games... Bermuda v. Sri Lanka... it was clear batting became easy in the afternoon... Even Bermuda made Sri Lanka struggle in the morning...and Bangladesh's attack is WAAAY better than Bermudas... Btw, that fan with the sign he is a well known TRINIDADIAN Indian...and always is at the ground when India play West Indies... The man is a DIE HARD India fan...and so naturally he is also a DIE HARD Dada fan... :hic:

Re: Ganguly pretty consistent

Today Ganguly played a perfect innings, given the circumstances. He had to make sure he didnt lose his wicket, yet score runs. He curbed his natural instinct to loft the ball, fearing the loss of his wicket. As long as Sehwag, Dravid & Tendu keep failing in BIG games, we'll continue to struggle.
He started his innings scoring like 5 off his first 30 deliveries or something.

Re: Ganguly pretty consistent Ganguly played a good innings. It was Sehwag and Utthapa's job to give some momentum. The only momentum they had was a recoil back to the dressing room. Sure, one can say he could have taken a few more singles and rotated the strike better early on but thats not something you bargain for in the Ganguly package. He did a good enough job in the circumstances.

Re: Ganguly pretty consistent yoda it was NOT EASY in the morning... Mortaza looked like a young Waqar Younis...and Rasel a young Chaminda Vaas... Well not quite...but they were AWFULLY good... with Mortaza hitting 140 plus and no width and perfect lenght... While Rasel swinging it late at 130 ish... Ganguly did WELL to survive...which is a lot more than can be said of Sehwag, Uthappa, Tendulkar...etc...

Re: Ganguly pretty consistent Survive against the mighty Banglas he did. Help us secure a victory, he did not. Unfortunately, there are no points in the standings table for survival. :doh: Yes, he doesn't deserve any bashing, but no praise either. Someone should have helped us secure a 250 score. No one did. I only responded cause rajeev tried comparing his innings today with the other ones after his comeback. Those were good. This was ok and even bad to some extent. BTW, there were many deliveries from Rasel which were hittable. And there were 3 other bowlers who were choking us as well. Forget Mortaza. He was possessed.

Yoda you are incapable of crediting Ganguly with anything....why do I even bother with you? :shrug:
That's because you did not visit this board often after his comeback. I started a congratulatory thread which ran to several pages after his first comeback innings. :shrug:

Re: Ganguly pretty consistent Ganguly should be given credit for holding the innings together so that we at least got 191, what he did was place india in a position to Explode after the 40 over mark...which we should have been able to do. I think we were like 150ish for 4 wh/ isn't bad. But what happened after he got out WAS UNACCEPTABLE! 3 Guys got out for ducks! 3 mother freaking guys one after teh otehr after the other...that is unacceptable. COME ON! Even Munaf hit 15 and qutie fluenlty! If Munaf can hit that then bloody hell what were dhoni, bhajji and aggie thinking? Even if we had 30 more odd runs we could have won this match...we did push it to the 48th over wh/ is fairly good considering the pathetic total. My only critique of Ganguly is this, to preface he has played brilliantly since he returned....but he hasn't gone over 60...so yeah he's hit solid scores, but Ganguly is a man who dominates and I want to see him build on that innings and get the big one hit the 80-120 range. We will need that from him if we have any hope of qualifying...we do have hope, we need to thrash bermuda and defeat Sri Lanka. LEts hope, lets pray, lets support our team now that they need us!

Re: Ganguly pretty consistent Ahem, Gangs scored 30% of the runs today..khuda na khasta, if he got out on 3..imagine the score Guys, the game end up in the 48th over..we were short my 30 runs and credit to banglas, their fielding denied us that Yoda, all I was saying is that he has been consistent in scoring..frankly considering the situation today, I think he did pretty good

Yoda, all I was saying is that he has been consistent in scoring..frankly considering the situation today, I think he did pretty good
His strike rate was 51. No, he did not do pretty good. An SR of 70 would have meant another 25 runs which would could have made a difference.