Zak launches stinging attack on the Aussies

Ram

no doubt about it' date='i'm not taking anything away from zak n bhajji,but wen sachin came in at 24/2 aussie win looked on the cards . another wicket there of sachin n we were screwed.so sachin saved us imo[/quote'] Oh.. so are yo saying, we would have lost if Sachin went out cheaply? Do you think, the others wouldn't have saved the game for us? this thing of "India clicks if Sachin clicks" is a thing of the past. We have won/saved matches even when Sachin has failed miserably. The most recent example is our first innings, where Dravid, Sourav, Bajji and Zak did well to reduce the lead.
He does' date=' thats what he said, without quality spinner on this tracks they will struggle to take 20 wickets.[/quote'] he didnt say they cant take 20 wickets. thers a lot of difference.everyone knows they will have to worlk hard. but they sure have the ability. zak said they dont have the ability
This wat he said " On a fourth day pitch their spinners could do nothing against our batting..even their pace bowlers failed to pick wickets on the fifth day pitch..so we are in with a good chance of winning the series".
nice to be dreaming? even bhajji said we will win 4-0

>on the same programme he disagreed with zak that aussies played defensively. yes he did, and I agree with him, Australia had a plan. But on a turning track they will struggle to get 20 wickets, their inability to get Bhajji and Zaheer just shows what Zaheer is saying.

>on the same programme he disagreed with zak that aussies played defensively. yes he did, and I agree with him, Australia had a plan. But on a turning track they will struggle to get 20 wickets, their inability to get Bhajji and Zaheer just shows what Zaheer is saying.
so getting sachin dhoni,sehwag,ganguly, laxman,dravid, doesnt mean anything?and i doubt indian will prepare turning tracks? india's own spinners arent doing anything great.

>so getting sachin dhoni,sehwag,ganguly, laxman,dravid, doesnt mean anything? well 20 wickets, what does 20 wickets mean. Full 20 wickets. Even India used to get 4-5 out cheaply when we used to tour. I remember we had Australia 50 for 4 in 99 series, but we did not have attack to sustain the pressure. So Australia right now has same problem.

>so getting sachin dhoni,sehwag,ganguly, laxman,dravid, doesnt mean anything? well 20 wickets, what does 20 wickets mean. Full 20 wickets. Even India used to get 4-5 out cheaply when we used to tour. I remember we had Australia 50 for 4 in 99 series, but we did not have attack to sustain the pressure. So Australia right now has same problem.
but aussie have a great fielding unit n great celver agressive captain.i'm sure he can manufacture some wickets by that. also dont forget brett lee n clark are two of best fast bowlers in the world. n mitch johnson ha always done well against india. so thier pacers alone have it in them to take 20 wickets b/w them

I don't see anything wrong in what he is saying. Australia should have won this match comprehensively. They dominated India over all 5 days and failed to take 20 wickets even on a pitch where batting was very difficult. They had India by the neck at 232/7 and instead of taking the massive lead one would have thought they would, they began their second innings a mere 70 runs ahead. Then, after setting India an unassailable target, taking 2 quick wickets of Sehwag and Dravid within 10 overs they still failed to get India out. All that in addition to the defensive fields and needlessly slow batting on day 1 indicates that they more or less blew a huge chance to take a 0-1 lead in the series. Most of the Indian batsmen have runs behind them now, as do the tailenders and the seamers are in amazing form. Australia will now have to raise their game to beat a rejuvenated India. I don't believe in moral victories, but this was pretty close to a moral victory for the Indians and it will rankle Australia as the one that got away.

they had 200 odd overs on this wicket, did they take 20 wickets?? you still do not get the point do you? On wickets where there is lot of help for seamers, they willl take 20 wickets easily. Quality Spinners tend to take tailenders quickly. They don't have one.

Zak has summed it up pretty well..Aussies have lost a wonderful opportunity to go 1 up in this series..India played pretty well in the last day to save this test match but still the aussies lost it during the Bhajji and Zaks partnership..they are not looking the dominating force anymore and their run rate of 2.8 po in the first innings was really surprising as well..i wud say India is the much more confident team now going into the second test..remember we were a bowler short in Anil in this match..so with just 3 bowlers we bowled pretty well too..now Sachin VVS RD and Sourav have all got runs so advantage India now

why cant pacers take tailenders? zaheer did it in aus first inn . i dont think he bowled spin. all i'm saying is that u cant take thier bowlers lightly. we shud make sure that we dont gift them any wickets.to make them earn 20 wickets.then it'll be interesting

Zak has summed it up pretty well..Aussies have lost a wonderful opportunity to go 1 up in this series..India played pretty well in the last day to save this test match but still the aussies lost it during the Bhajji and Zaks partnership..they are not looking the dominating force anymore and their run rate of 2.8 po in the first innings was really surprising as well..i wud say India is the much more confident team now going into the second test..remember we were a bowler short in Anil in this match..so with just 3 bowlers we bowled pretty well too..now Sachin VVS RD and Sourav have all got runs so advantage India now[/QUOTE] wat bout ponting,hussey,katich,haddin's runs.