what should we do if this situation

kabira

comes... We bowl out SL for cheap score...and its in our hands to score those runs in x number of overs... Should we bat little slow and make sure our NRR is just slightly (+0.1) better then Lanka...so that even if Bangla manages to beat Bermuda by heavy margin...we would qualify...and if Bangla is not able to overcome Srilanka NRR, we go with bonus point... I have kind of feeling that this might happen on Friday..

Re: what should we do if this situation Rahul Dravid will do Steve Waugh here.. lets say we are chasing 160 odd rusn...and we could very well chase them in 30 overs...we are 150 for 2 in 28 overs...But Sachin and Rahul deliberately blocking for 2-3 overs... :hic: :hic: :hic: :hic:

Re: what should we do if this situation We should NOT bowl first and put ourselves under unnecessary pressure. No matter how green the wicket and how seaming the conditions are, we should bat first if we win the toss. I am pretty sure that if we chase, we will go home.

Re: what should we do if this situation

We should NOT bowl first and put ourselves under unnecessary pressure. No matter how green the wicket and how seaming the conditions are' date=' we should bat first if we win the toss. I am pretty sure that if we chase, we will go home.[/quote'] Most of the ODIs we have won vs SL recently has been by chasing. I wouldnt want to bat against Vaas & Malinga on a seaming track. The days are gone when Lanka used to strangle us with slow bowlers while chasing. With the arrival of Dhoni & Yuvraj Mark II (throw in Uthappa), equations have changed. Barring Murali, i dont see Lankan bowlers threating us in good batting conditions. We must chase. Back to the OP, we must do what it takes to get ahead of SL & guarantee ourselves a spot in the super-8. Thinking about 2 points is too short sighted IMO. With WI, Ireland qualifying, if BD also qualifies, you have nearly 3 minnows + 5 good teams in the super 8. That will make our job of getting into the semis easier.