For those unfortunate ones ...

Zooter

... who are unable to actually watch cricket matches ... let me tell you one thing: be absolutely RELIEVED that our team departed early. I just finished watching the Lanka-RSA game and the one immutable truth to emerge out of that proceeding was that in the Super 8s ... ... ... WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN OUR ASSES WAXED. It's official ... we are a substandard ODI outfit (and a mediocre Test team, if I may add). Watching these teams with real talent has been a watershed moment for me. It really is time to start anew. There--that feels better ... I have just gotten to it: Denial-->Anger-->Bargaining-->Depression-->ACCEPTANCE. :hic:

Re: For those unfortunate ones ... Oh please. We had 1 super bad day(against BD) and that was our ticket home. Doesn't mean we could not have competed against WI,SL,Eng and NZ. If you just want to console yourself thinking that India would have been thrashed and it's good that they didn't go through, then good for you.

Re: For those unfortunate ones ...

Oh please. We had 1 super bad day(against BD) and that was our ticket home. Doesn't mean we could not have competed against WI' date='SL,Eng and NZ. If you just want to console yourself thinking that India would have been thrashed and it's good that they didn't go through, then good for you.[/quote'] And then we had a super-bad day against Sri Lanka. Anyway--I'm talking about the skills that I saw. The fielding, the bowling and the himmat at the death. TRUST ME, ... India's ODI team would not have been sustainable over the Super 8 round. A win against England maybe. West Indies, maybe. But even those are a stretch. Consisitent wins against SL, RSA, Aus, and NZ. No way. The almost 5-0 drubbing and the (what was it?) 1-4 loss against W.I.--not an aberration. I accept the proof today.

Re: For those unfortunate ones ... It was the loss against BD that hurt us. It was the bad day no one expected. A bad day against a team like SL is acceptable. I'm sure we would have beaten England and the WI. Maybe even NZ. Aus and RSA no way I admit. But we would not have been as shit as you are saying Zoots.

same SL team we thrashed recently..with Malinga in there.. its ODI game....anyone can beat anyone on the day.
what is this new mantra? cause we keep losing, anyone can beat anyone?
Nope, it's "We can be beaten by anyone that day!" :wall:

Re: For those unfortunate ones ... yes, England beat Aussies thrice in a row NZL beat Aussies thrice in a row Windies beat us We beat Windies SL beat US We beat SL Pak beat US We beat Pak We beat England etc etc...its about winning to losing ratio..which determines good teams.. In that Aus and SA are ahead..with ratio over 60% of wins.. That should be our target from now on...

yes, England beat Aussies thrice in a row NZL beat Aussies thrice in a row Windies beat us We beat Windies SL beat US We beat SL Pak beat US We beat Pak We beat England etc etc...its about winning to losing ratio..which determines good teams.. In that Aus and SA are ahead..with ratio over 60% of wins.. That should be our target from now on...
Each of these teams were different. If you look at it most of these series were pretty one-sided. It is not like a team won a game, and came back lost another in the same series alternately. And many teams were experimenting prior to the world cup, resting key players, etc. Our target should be to get professional with selection and the way we play the game. Results will follow.

>d many teams were experimenting prior to the world cup, resting key players, etc. really....and we were not experimenting.. you forget, whenever we won, opposition played shyte
yes, we were experimenting too. where did i say we did not? that's why all these recent series prior to the cup were all over the place in terms of results. someone was missing from some team every series. you can't go by them to declare ODIs as "anyone can beat anyone".

Yoda if you say that then any team has no business ever beating Aus. and SL should also not have close to SA today. ODI's are lottery however the gulf between Aus/SA is so large that Aus/SA win 70% of the games.
if it is a lottery, how can a team not named AUS or SAF beat another team 6-1 or 5-1 or 4-1?

Re: For those unfortunate ones ... Lack of consistency can be termed also as "Luck" There is no second thought, India is out of the world cup because of non performance and not luck. Quicker we get that in our head better for us all.

Re: For those unfortunate ones ... If India had better players than they have right now, the Cricket board would've known about them way before us. And, what's this crap about them not being able to handle the super 8s? If you ask me, I am confident that they could've crushed teams like WI & ENG quite easily. They just had a bad start which led to an worse end. It's One Day, anything can happen.