When will we have an express fast bowler?

how do u "sell" tape balls? do u even know what a tape ball is? you take a soft, good quality tennis ball (so that it doesnt burst easily) then you wrap it tightly and fully in the best electric insulation tape that you can get, the better quality of the tape, the lesser the chance that it would shred off. i used to play with wilson tennis balls wrapped in vinni (japanese made) electric tape. now tell me how do you "sell" premade tape balls?
you are right......btw at least ian pont has made a bowler who at least looks he can bowl fast rest are even not that.............atleast give him a chance...in india we have given chance to chappell...buchanan...some frazier...........god knows who else:giggle::giggle:
you are right......btw at least ian pont has made a bowler who at least looks he can bowl fast rest are even not that.............atleast give him a chance...in india we have given chance to chappell...buchanan...some frazier...........god knows who else:giggle::giggle:
the "bowler" that he made never bowled, anywhere, appeared in a few interviews and then suddenly disappeared

MRF pace academy is one of worst academy ever... Its been more than 20 years of that MRF pace academy and they have never produced a single genuine fast bowler. BCCI has too much money in that crap academy.. i have heard from some of my friends that they only work on line and length and never focus on pace... on the padosi site in interview with Ian Pont, Ian Pont criticized MRF academy in a big way ... He didnt like the way Lille coaches young bowlers and described it as very old-boring way of coaching...

and also for some reason' date=' Indians dont just appriciate fast bowling... just check the views of some of the posters here on ICF ..when i said Ishant Sharma is getting slower last year, some of posters just jumped on with quotes like "Phaassttt bowling won't give u wickets" , "You must be p@ki to like phassttt bowling"..etc... heck even the Cricket tournament I play here, my team is mostly Indian and they [b']keep telling to bowl slow deliveries... just pisses me off
rarely do fast bowlers earn a wicket with sheer pace. either the bowler has to be faster than most by a good yard or two, which i know you are not, or he ought to be bowling to a grotesquely incompetent batsman. i am an absolute dufus with a bat, and yet, never in over 10 years of playing amateur cricket leagues in india and united states have i lost my wicket to a fast bowler. as a fast bowler myself, i can attest to the fact that the whole point of bowling fast is to misguide the batsman. you bowl fast and full or fast and just outside the offstump to instill a certain muscle memory in the batsman. and then slip in a yorker, or a slower delivery or an offcutter or a legcutter... true that it takes a special talent and physique to bowl over 90mph with a certain consistency, and yes it takes a heavy toll on the body. but if your objective is to earn wickets and not just trump the speed gun, it is the variation that one can introduce is what will help one succeed.
MRF pace academy is one of worst academy ever... Its been more than 20 years of that MRF pace academy and they have never produced a single genuine fast bowler. BCCI has too much money in that crap academy.. i have heard from some of my friends that they only work on line and length and never focus on pace... on the padosi site in interview with Ian Pont' date=' Ian Pont criticized MRF academy in a big way ... He didnt like the way Lille coaches young bowlers and described it as very old-boring way of coaching...[/quote'] dennis lille was never known to produce quick bowlers...none of the products of mrf have been quick....except srinath......most pakis who came out of there were also either medium pacers or were bowling fast already before they went to that academy.......i havent heard of a single bowler who went into that academy as a promising tearaway and came out an real express bowler...........in india they just dont focus on pace just dont..........
MRF pace academy is one of worst academy ever... Its been more than 20 years of that MRF pace academy and they have never produced a single genuine fast bowler. BCCI has too much money in that crap academy.. i have heard from some of my friends that they only work on line and length and never focus on pace... on the padosi site in interview with Ian Pont' date=' Ian Pont criticized MRF academy in a big way ... He didnt like the way Lille coaches young bowlers and described it as very old-boring way of coaching...[/quote'] if you knew your cricket even a bit, you would know that the BCCI has nothing to do with the MRF pace academy. if anything, the BCCI recently decreed that the graduates of the MRF pace academy would be ineligible for any BCCI related team, intra or international.
rarely do fast bowlers earn a wicket with sheer pace. either the bowler has to be faster than most by a good yard or two, which i know you are not, or he ought to be bowling to a grotesquely incompetent batsman. i am an absolute dufus with a bat, and yet, never in over 10 years of playing amateur cricket leagues in india and united states have i lost my wicket to a fast bowler. as a fast bowler myself, i can attest to the fact that the whole point of bowling fast is to misguide the batsman. you bowl fast and full or fast and just outside the offstump to instill a certain muscle memory in the batsman. and then slip in a yorker, or a slower delivery or an offcutter or a legcutter... true that it takes a special talent and physique to bowl over 90mph with a certain consistency, and yes it takes a heavy toll on the body. but if your objective is to earn wickets and not just trump the speed gun, it is the variation that one can introduce is what will help one succeed.
shows the standard of fast bowlers in US ... let me bowl only 1 over to you and u can say bye bye to ur middle stump... and yes variations exist in fast bowling but the major weapon for a pace bowler is "PACE"... variation is an excuse for those wanna be fast bowlers who are not even fast bowlers...
shows the standard of fast bowlers in US ... let me bowl only 1 over to you and u can say bye bye to ur middle stump... and yes variations exist in fast bowling but the major weapon for a pace bowler is "PACE"... variation is an excuse for those wanna be fast bowlers who are not even fast bowlers...
if there was no issue of pace.....we wouldnot have been talking about express bowlers...all bowlers would have been the same.......

You need control with pace. Pace with control is never easy. 90 k bowlers need to have one additional weapon. Good slower one or reverse swing or good bounce. That is the difference between a Sami and a Waqar. Mohammad Sami consistently clocked 93 mph in his prime. He ended his career with one of the worst bowling average.

if you knew your cricket even a bit' date=' you would know that the BCCI has nothing to do with the MRF pace academy. if anything, the BCCI recently decreed that the graduates of the MRF pace academy would be ineligible for any BCCI related team, intra or international.[/quote'] Wake up and smell the Chai .... MRF was given lotsa financial support from BCCI but it was just last year when BCCI cut off ties with MRF Pace Foundation.... "The cash-rich body, after feeding from the fertile pace factory during its modest days cutted of its ties in 2008" .... http://www.indianexpress.com/news/old-school-new-beginnings/328705/2
You need control with pace. Pace with control is never easy. 90 k bowlers need to have one additional weapon. Good slower one or reverse swing or good bounce. That is the difference between a Sami and a Waqar. Mohammad Sami consistently clocked 93 mph in his prime. He ended his career with one of the worst bowling average.
first u need to have 'pace'.. control will come with time and experiece...its coz of the same mentality that we nver have genine pace bowlers...
first u need to have 'pace'.. control will come with time and experiece...its coz of the same mentality that we nver have genine pace bowlers...
well, with ur mentality u shud be playin for india B-> who needs ishant sharma when we have rahulrulezzzz
you are absolutely correct. first they need to have pace, play a couple of international matches, get whacked all over the place, get dropped and then line/length and control will then come when they play for local scrub teams like the ipl franchises. good logic, sorry you couldn't get that to the BCCI sooner.

Wasim Akram could be a great bowling coach for us....The PCB is not in good terms with most ex-cricketeres which is why the likes of mushtaq ahmed are coaching England....Wasim Akram has always been warm towards India unlike Waqar or Sohail...Gues some $$$$ can get him to coach us