When will we have an express fast bowler?

the last interview he gave is barely a month back....he is scheduled to play on 6th july vs middlesex....hope for indias sake i hope he hits 160ks
Pont backtracked a lil about Atul sharma's speed in some of his later interviews..I'll be surprised if he is over 150 to be frank...But I'll take it if he has good swing/seam movement or a malingaeque yorker :pray:

How do you lose pace as a young bowler? Fatigue and injuries. Sharma's just been through his first year of fully packed cricket, picked up a few injuries and naturally every bowler gets fatigued and tired so that's why time off from cricket and bowling long spells is important. Take a look at Mitchell Johnson. Towards the end of last year he had probably bowled more overs than ever before in his career and he looked tired, his delivery became more slingy and he wasn't bowling as quick. Now that he's had a long break he's rested and back to his best. This has nothing to do with coaching. Prasad was the coach when Ishant bowled fastest and Pathan/RP were bowling 85 plus. Anybody who criticizes or blames Prasad for slow pace or credits him for great pace doesn't know Indian cricket. Prasad has routinely given interviews where he's specifically said that he doesn't use the words "don't, can't" etc etc with his bowlers. All he does is focus on what they can and should be doing rather than all this "don't bowl fast" nonsense. Again, it's all to do with injuries and fatigue. This is why it's important for other promising bowlers to take the game more seriously like Munaf/Sreesanth who would rather sleep or dance than work on their fitness and consistency so that they can compete and allow other bowlers like Khan/Sharma a break.

How do you lose pace as a young bowler? Fatigue and injuries. Sharma's just been through his first year of fully packed cricket, picked up a few injuries and naturally every bowler gets fatigued and tired so that's why time off from cricket and bowling long spells is important. Take a look at Mitchell Johnson. Towards the end of last year he had probably bowled more overs than ever before in his career and he looked tired, his delivery became more slingy and he wasn't bowling as quick. Now that he's had a long break he's rested and back to his best. This has nothing to do with coaching. Prasad was the coach when Ishant bowled fastest and Pathan/RP were bowling 85 plus. Anybody who criticizes or blames Prasad for slow pace or credits him for great pace doesn't know Indian cricket. Prasad has routinely given interviews where he's specifically said that he doesn't use the words "don't, can't" etc etc with his bowlers. All he does is focus on what they can and should be doing rather than all this "don't bowl fast" nonsense. Again, it's all to do with injuries and fatigue. This is why it's important for other promising bowlers to take the game more seriously like Munaf/Sreesanth who would rather sleep or dance than work on their fitness and consistency so that they can compete and allow other bowlers like Khan/Sharma a break.
NO... thats what made M.Johnson special..this guy bowled high 140 even during the end of last year..
Then they should get back to the pace when they are back after good rest. Zaheer never got back to that pace, neither did Pathan and Munaf. even Rp Singh who I think is the most talented Indian pacer. His pace used to be around 137-143, even his pace is down. He is bowling well but the pace is down :nervous:
When was Johnson bowling slow? I followed almost the entire Aus-SA encounters during the season. Quit making up things.
When was Johnson bowling slow? I followed almost the entire Aus-SA encounters during the season. Quit making up things.
Ian Chappell pointed it out in the first Aus-SA series and I noticed his arm was dipping lower and his bowling/speed wasn't as good. So in summary, you're wrong.
Seriously is this what passes for a post these days? I make a four paragraph post on several issues regarding fast bowling that haven't been discussed so far in this thread and instead of discussing them you merely take the one sentence you disagree with and point it out? I think it really exposes a lot about a person when they would rather tear down or try to find fault in instead of finding common ground. Maybe that's why you're always on the "Outside!" :hysterical:
nahi bhai..i had two offers from EDCL teams but had to reject coz its my Final year and lately I have started getting this lil lower-back pain coz of my bowling action...... so right now playing only Tape-ball tournament here in Waterloo Universtiy.. what about u...u playing for any of the teams in EDCL?
oo that's awesome man...too bad you had to reject them. This year we're playing for SOCA, representing the city of Guelph. The league that Sunrise participates in.
Seriously is this what passes for a post these days? I make a four paragraph post on several issues regarding fast bowling that haven't been discussed so far in this thread and instead of discussing them you merely take the one sentence you disagree with and point it out? I think it really exposes a lot about a person when they would rather tear down or try to find fault in instead of finding common ground. Maybe that's why you're always on the "Outside!" :hysterical:
:laugh: You drew an analogy as to how the decline in pace of Ishant and Johnson are a result of fatigue and injury - your entire analogy is false and made up. There hasn't been any perceptible decline in Johnson's pace - if there has been, please point it out because I followed most of the Australian season live. Regarding the rest of your post, it really was not expressing anything that is not common sense. Obviously fatigue and injuries are going to result in a decline in pace. The question that should be addressed is why the fatigue and injury thresholds of our bowlers is lower than someone like Johnson or Steyn. The underlying reason can be training, rest, and dedication, maybe coaching as well.
Ian Chappell pointed it out in the first Aus-SA series and I noticed his arm was dipping lower and his bowling/speed wasn't as good. So in summary, you're wrong.
In the first Aus-SA series? The guy played non stop cricket for months after that and bowled at very quick pace. If the reason was fatigue it would have got multiplied or not?

it cant be because of weight because ammir is quite skinny, i think pakistani kids had wasim/waqar to look up 2, while india had srinath and prasad, same reason why pak batsmen arent as good as indias, ishant sharma when he started was pacey but disappointed in the recent tourney, in terms of pace