Ponting puts Ireland ahead of India/Pakistan

Barbados: Australia were ruthless in their Super Eights match against Ireland at the Kensington Oval in Barbados and won by nine wickets after bowling out their opposition for only 91 runs in 30 overs. Ricky Ponting was asked after the game if teams like Ireland undermined the World Cup and the Aussie skipper used that question to take a dig at India and Pakistan. "They obviously won more games than India and Pakistan did that is what is about the qualifying part of the tournament. You can't take anything from Ireland for being here. They knew what they had to do at the start to be here and to get to this stage and the other teams didn't do it. Surely India and Pakistan could have put up more fight today but they had there chances and were not good enough," Ponting said. On the other hand Ireland have lost four straight games in the Super Eights and their skipper Trent Johnston admitted that his team failed in all departments. "It is unfortunate as we had set ourselves to be very competitive today but it didn't turn out that way. It has been the best time for us in the last 10 years. It wasn't great but we fought till the end and put in the efforts till the end and I am happy about it," Johnston said. click here for video http://www.cricketnext.com/videos/24421/ponting-puts-ireland-ahead-of-india.html

Re: Ponting puts Ireland ahead of India/Pakistan I know it sounds harsh but in this tourney Bangladesh and Ireland of course have been better off. When Ponting says this you need to take it with a pinch of salt. I think he still is fuming about all the incidents involving him and Indian cricket.

Re: Ponting puts Ireland ahead of India/Pakistan

I know it sounds harsh but in this tourney Bangladesh and Ireland of course have been better off. When Ponting says this you need to take it with a pinch of salt. I think he still is fuming about all the incidents involving him and Indian cricket.
What do u mean by Bangladesh and Ireland could've been better off?

Re: Ponting puts Ireland ahead of India/Pakistan He is absolutely right and said the right things. He said that India/Pakistan might have put up a better fight today, but Ireland deserved to be here cause they played better than them in the first round. Yea, he started off with a smile, but didn't carry that over throughout the answer. This guy is capable of worse.

Re: Ponting puts Ireland ahead of India/Pakistan yes, why people are upset?? our team is sitting at home.. and ireland still there enjoying beaches.. thats the simple truth.. blame Indian team rather than calling ponting names..

I know it sounds harsh but in this tourney Bangladesh and Ireland of course have been better off. When Ponting says this you need to take it with a pinch of salt. I think he still is fuming about all the incidents involving him and Indian cricket.
No could have been, I said in this tourney Ireland and Bangladesh have been better than Pakistan and India. Otherwise Paksitan and India would not have returned home without reaching the super 8s.

No could have been, I said in this tourney Ireland and Bangladesh have been better than Pakistan and India. Otherwise Paksitan and India would not have returned home without reaching the super 8s.
Ravi, it was just for one game though that both teams were better. Ireland have been crap in super 8's.

"They obviously .won more games than India and Pakistan did that is what is about the qualifying part of the tournament. http://www.cricketnext.com/videos/24421/ponting-puts-ireland-ahead-of-india.html
That's not true...all three teams(IRE, IND and PAK) won equal number of games(1).
There you go MP, that changed today. :hic:
ah..2 months ago had any one told me that the men in green will win on the April 15th i would have been over the moon but as things stand it's still 0-4 :wall: