So SA has great attack

kabira

some of you were criticizing indian bowling in compaq cup, Nehra this, Ishant this, Pk no good. etc etc, and in defense you all said SA has great attack. WTF, the supposedly number 1 bowling attack got smacked by Lankan *****holes, remember Lankans struggle outside Lanka. So where do you rate SA attack now? How different is it from India??

Difference is our bowlers have shown incompetency over a period whereas SA bowlers were thumped for the first time in a while, IIRC. Most of the series we have won in ODI's are due to our batsmen's contribution and bowlers had very little to none say in our victories.

some of you were criticizing indian bowling in compaq cup, Nehra this, Ishant this, Pk no good. etc etc, and in defense you all said SA has great attack. WTF, the supposedly number 1 bowling attack got smacked by Lankan *****holes, remember Lankans struggle outside Lanka. So where do you rate SA attack now? How different is it from India??
Don't try to justify the Indian bowling in that match. It was terrible. I had never seen so many short and wide hit-me deliveries in one match. So what if SA did not bowl well yesterday? Does that justify our bowling? Besides, SA was not half as bad as India was in that match. Steyn did produce a few good deliveries in between, India struggled to even bowl straight.
^shown incompetency over a period? Which period?? They just played 3 ODIs and one warm up recently. Out of 3 ODIs, once they delivered and knocked off NZL, other two times lankan in form openers got them. Same thing happened with SA.
Other then Nehra, I don't think we bowled very well in windies series which was rite after TTwc

I agree but somewhat.... Look in recent past we have not lost the games just because of bowling alone by huge marging... to suggest that our bowlers gave too many runs that our batters could score.. There are about 3rd of the games lost because we could not score reasonable total. (120-230 type of score.) We arent talking about too bad of a situation.

I agree but somewhat.... Look in recent past we have not lost the games just because of bowling alone by huge marging... to suggest that our bowlers gave too many runs that our batters could score.. There are about 3rd of the games lost because we could not score reasonable total. (120-230 type of score.) We arent talking about too bad of a situation.
Does that justify how we bowled in the Compaq cup final?