Congrats AUSTRALIA - TRUE Champs

Rajiv

Re: Congrats AUSTRALIA - TRUE Champs How do Lankans react ? Jamara Bumdinga, high school student, disheartened: "Totally gutless purformance from Lanka. I supported them even during the prematch rain. We deserve a better team". Kashyup Kulasekara, taxi driver, the eternal optimist: "Upul Tharnaga's wicket really turned it around. At one point he had 4 off 1 ball. If he had stayed for another 38 overs we would have won". Kulothunga Mahila chola, local TV shop owner, the victim: "The fans were all dejected. Many broke the TV sets in my shop & burnt my cashier as an effigy" Kumara Premadasa, local cricket expert: "We didnt bat well, bowl well & field well. Australia thoroughly outplayed us in batting, bowling & fielding"

Re: Congrats AUSTRALIA - TRUE Champs Bumper, did you make that up or are you telling me they are as mad as the rest of the cricketing nations? I thought Sangakkara said their fans are very well behaved and he was feeling sorry for Rahul Dravid :shrug: Sounds like Sangakkara lives on a different planet.

Re: Congrats AUSTRALIA - TRUE Champs Amazing team and truly hats off to this bunch of cricketers. They are once in a generation and deserve all the accolades. They have to be blamed for reducing interest in contests that they are involved in but that are an enviable trait. I have my reservations about the Aussies but no way can we grudge their accomplishments. The team has rode on a collective effort, a truly team effort. Everyone including Clarke, Hogg, Ponting, Hayden, McGrath and every member of the Aussie team have done their bit in the world cup. Truly champions this Aussie team and I can't think of any sporting team that has accomplished so much so consistently not just in cricket but in all sports. Go the Aussies.....

Re: Congrats AUSTRALIA - TRUE Champs

Bumper' date=' did you make that up or are you telling me they are as mad as the rest of the cricketing nations? I thought Sangakkara said their fans are very well behaved and he was feeling sorry for Rahul Dravid :shrug: Sounds like Sangakkara lives on a different planet.[/quote'] Nah, I was just kidding