Is Cricinfo Racist ??

Ram

Had this doubt for a long time .. Where does cricinfo operate out of ? i had thought they were primarily based in the sub-continent... but looks like they are mostly in the UK.. And they seem to tow the Anglo-saxon line of things ( If you can call it that) most of the time.. They was no outright articles condemning Darell Hair.. And the most recent evidence is the spate of articles in support of Gilchrist and his squash ball.. And this suspicion got confirmed when i saw that Zimbabwe has boycotted cricinfo.. Why wud a cricket board boycott a website ??

Re: Is Cricinfo Racist ??

They was no outright articles condemning Darell Hair
False.
And this suspicion got confirmed when i saw that Zimbabwe has boycotted cricinfo.. Why wud a cricket board boycott a website ??
Get a grip on yourself. Zimbabwe is run by Mugabe- a mad, aeging, senile dictator who pokes his nose into everything. If he boycotts something, its like Hitler boycotting something.. Crickinfo is generally well balanced in my opinion, though their level of journalism is patchy.

Re: Is Cricinfo Racist ?? don't over react mate.. first of all, ppl should stop whining about squash ball incident.. why do u really need anti-gilchrist articles just for that stupid reason "squash bal inside gloves" gilly has been true sportsman.. gr8 sportsmanship... before scoring that massive century in final.. he failed through out the world cup.. then ppl didnt say anything.. and just whining for his match winning knock of finall..

don't over react mate.. first of all, ppl should stop whining about squash ball incident.. why do u really need anti-gilchrist articles just for that stupid reason "squash bal inside gloves" gilly has been true sportsman.. gr8 sportsmanship... before scoring that massive century in final.. he failed through out the world cup.. then ppl didnt say anything.. and just whining for his match winning knock of finall..
I am not over-reacting , i am just speculating. And my speculations arent entirely unfounded. Find me one cricinfo article that has taken an English/white player to task over his alleged mis-deeds. And why this article about this former british minister who went to Zim and "found the conditions appaling" ??? What has cricinfo got to do with it ??

Get a grip on yourself. Zimbabwe is run by Mugabe- a mad, aeging, senile dictator who pokes his nose into everything. If he boycotts something, its like Hitler boycotting something.. Crickinfo is generally well balanced in my opinion, though their level of journalism is patchy.
Do you anything about what actually is the condition in Zim and who is the cause of it. Itsw obvious that you hav been carried away by propaganda by the media. I advise you to look at the other side of the story before jumping to conclusions.. hmmm.. this isnt turning out to be a cricket discussion. So lets limit our points to cricinfo only...

Re: Is Cricinfo Racist ?? Cricinfo is not racist. On the whole it is a treasure-drove of information and a website that is by and large impartial in its views. It does lack quality writers but what it doesnt lack is the sheer wealth of information, combined with many of the cricket greats who act as experts. Like it or not but folks like Ian Chappell, Tony Greig, Ravi Shastri and Holding are worth their weight in gold when it comes to cricketing comments and guess where you will find them. xxx