India will Come Good

talksport

It is a combination of lack of practice matches adjusting to bounce & Pace of pitches and South Africa playing really well that did us. Selection issues and injuries did not help but that wouldnt have improved the results IMO. As the series went on confidence became low but players got adjusted better.... For once we got the Order of Schedule right ...ODIs first and the Test matches next... Who is going to remember that we lost a one day series after 5 - 10 years ...but if we win a Test Series it will never be forgotten. Learn the Lessons and Bring on the Test Series GO India

Re: India will Come Good Yeah.... South Africa won the one day series against Australia and lost the Test Series. And two of the defeats to Australia were Psychological blows as well... Still they lost Its Indian Batters V South African Bowlers and Kumble will riot the the SA lineup As I said in my opening post , we dont lack quality , we lacked practice in conditions and low on confidence... Spread the Positive Energy friends

Re: India will Come Good

As I said in my opening post , we dont lack quality , we lacked practice in conditions and low on confidence... Spread the Positive Energy friends
To be honest I am worried about quality. Assuming we go with 7 batsman (including dhoni) only Rahul and Dhoni seem to be the only ones going with any kind of confidence. Sehwag and Jaffer at top against pace and bounce don?t generate any confidence. Sachin is returning to tests after a long time I don?t know what to expect. VVS and Ganguly, lets be honest they are struggling to get runs in domestic cricket you really expect them to score in SA? If Dravid is out of first test and we lose an early wicket we will be around 100/5. Look at our bowlers if we play 5 bowlers Pathan will definitely play because he can bat. With munaf out it would be upto Zaheer and kumble. Bhaji and sreesanth again don?t generate any kind of confidence. I want to be positive but unless we do something extraordinary in first test its going to be one long tour.

Re: India will Come Good The first session of the first test, is massively important. India is not known to bounce back, under quality opponents if they dont start well. Win the toss bat first, 100/0 at lunch. That can inspire the team. Veeru has to lead the way.

Re: India will Come Good >The first session of the first test, is massively important. India is not known to bounce back, under quality opponents if they dont start well. >>Win the toss bat first, 100/0 at lunch. That can inspire the team. Veeru has to lead the way. excuse me...remember Kolkatta 2001....recently, bounced back in Windies..after dismal first innings..... In sports it doesnt take long to change the slide...one inspirational innings.. and we are all set...now who can do that..thats remain to be seen...

Re: India will Come Good I feel similarly too. India will bounce back and surprise everyone. Believe me, this team can fight back. I clearly had no expectations for ODIs given the team and predicted 4-1 to SA so there is not so much disappointment really. For the test series of course I feel India has the personnel in both bowling and batting department to make an impact. SA aren't as flashy to be honest and the 4 ODI wins will mean nothing in test matches. The team that will dominate more sessions will end up winning not the ones that will dominate for a short while. You may say India has been inconsistent but I believe the team is good enough to put enough runs on the board as well as take 20 Saffie wickets. :wtg:

I clearly had no expectations for ODIs given the team and predicted 4-1 to SA so there is not so much disappointment really.
4-0 result is not a big surprise almost everyone was predicting on those lines. Its the manner in which we lost the game. while chasing we fell short by close to 100 in every game. When we set the target we lost by 9 wickets. These are the kind of loses you see in test match not ODIs.

Re: India will Come Good it is not the conditions.... it is plain - our form sucks in odis and its been a while like tht.... in odis, we struggled against taylor, collymore, bradshaw and bravo... how many of u bet tht they will trounce polly, ntini, nel and kallis.... the class is totally different and so was the badgering...

I feel similarly too. India will bounce back and surprise everyone. Believe me, this team can fight back. I clearly had no expectations for ODIs given the team and predicted 4-1 to SA so there is not so much disappointment really. For the test series of course I feel India has the personnel in both bowling and batting department to make an impact. SA aren't as flashy to be honest and the 4 ODI wins will mean nothing in test matches. The team that will dominate more sessions will end up winning not the ones that will dominate for a short while. You may say India has been inconsistent but I believe the team is good enough to put enough runs on the board as well as take 20 Saffie wickets. :wtg:
Like it when proved right but I've been proven wrong many times before so I guess it's quite balanced right now. Of course the credit has to go to talksport for originally thinking about coming up with this thread. I felt India will do well in test series but never really felt like opening a thread on that. The job is still not over fellas and this team must have already learnt there is no point in winning just a test match or drawing a test series (England, Australia). They still have to keep going and win this test match then the series.