Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

In my opinion if you are pushing your max, then keep deadlifts and squats on separate days. If done properly, deadlift stimulates full body, and you should not have strength to do squats. But yes, since you are starting out on these and perhaps also working towards getting technique right - then you can afford to do both on same day.

For the lateral shoulder raises' date=' should I keep the arms straight, or can I bend them a little bit? getting conflicting views on the net.[/quote'] http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidAnterior/DBFrontRaise.html http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidLateral/DBLateralRaise.html You can bend a bit (I should say open a bit), and keeping straight is also fine.. the problem is with bending too much. I find that bio-mechanically very torturous. I can't imagine, how one can lift heavy w/o creating serious issues.. with elbows bent too much So, it is more like do not lock the elbows.. Some people take it (bending elbows) a bit too far.

I've shed 12 kgs this month. :yay:
WTF! Did you go on some hunger strike?? Even though I understand it was intentional - I would still suggest get health check done, such rapid weight loss is also not so healthy. Or may be you were really heavy, even then. Great job anyway. :two_thumbs_up:

WTF! Did you go on some hunger strike?? Even though I understand it was intentional - I would still suggest get health check done, such rapid weight loss is also not so healthy. Or may be you were really heavy, even then. Great job anyway. :two_thumbs_up:
:omg: :omg: kaise kara....
No hunger strike, following a strict diet. Cut out all refined sugar.. so no coke, cold coffee etc. Cut out rice cut out maida/white bread. Controlled whole wheat intake gorged out on veggies, egg whites, roast chicken, fruits(apple pear papaya types, not grapes and chickoo, etc). Switched to skim milk, fat free cheese, etc Ate smaller meals, more regularly. And most importantly, worked out like a mad freak.

No hunger strike, following a strict diet. Cut out all refined sugar.. so no coke, cold coffee etc. Cut out rice cut out maida/white bread. Controlled whole wheat intake gorged out on veggies, egg whites, roast chicken, fruits(apple pear papaya types, not grapes and chickoo, etc). Switched to skim milk, fat free cheese, etc Ate smaller meals, more regularly. And most importantly, worked out like a mad freak.
:two_thumbs_up: Great Job.... that is how it should be done. As long as you are able to hit it hard in the gym and sleep well, you should be fine. Still keep a check on sleeping patterns and general energy levels, or any other signs. I would still suggest to have a health check done once you are done with your target... Had you got done one before setting out, you would feel even better after knowing how your hard work must have changed various parameters of your health.. e.g. Blood pressure, cholesterol levels and other blood work/health parameters.

I've shed 12 kgs this month. :yay:
Stunning! :hatsoff: Keep it going! :two_thumbs_up:

:two_thumbs_up: Great Job.... that is how it should be done. As long as you are able to hit it hard in the gym and sleep well, you should be fine. Still keep a check on sleeping patterns and general energy levels, or any other signs. I would still suggest to have a health check done once you are done with your target... Had you got done one before setting out, you would feel even better after knowing how your hard work must have changed various parameters of your health.. e.g. Blood pressure, cholesterol levels and other blood work/health parameters.
I got one done before setting out. Will do one more after 4 weeks.:two_thumbs_up: