Kings XI Punjab team thread

Sir john

Nayar ready for new challenge Till the last season, Abhishek Nayar was playing for the Mumbai Indians but this time around in IPL-IV, he will be turning out for Kings XI Punjab. And the 27-year-old all-rounder is ready and agog to do well for his new team. Abhishek Nayar “I want to make an impact in IPL as it is the highest platform in India for all cricketers. And of course I want to do well so that I may get a chance to play for Team India again,” said Nayar in an interaction with The Tribune here today. Nayar has already been part of the Indian team and has played three ODI’s. But his progress was hampered by an injury, which has now healed. The Mumbai player is optimistic about his team’s chances in the IPL. “We have an edge in the bowling department. And for me, I have a great opportunity to come up in all three (batting, bowling and fielding) areas. So, I just want to do well in this IPL, not just for me, but for my team,” says Nayar “Our biggest strength is our team work,” says Nayar adding that no team in IPL can be regarded as weak, as “every team is strong in their own time.” Turning out for MI in the earlier seasons, he had the opportunity of playing alonside Sachin Tendulkar and he says he learnt a lot from him. “Playing with Sachin is a dream come true for any player. And my dream was fulfilled quite early. Undoubtedly, it is much easier to play with him, but playing against him this time, will be a challenge for me. But, I am looking forward to it,” says Nayar “Cricket is all about pressure. I may play for any team, there are expectations everywhere. So when I enter the field, I am ready to meet those expectations. I believe I can do well as I’m confident about my game.” Kings XI Punjab will be playing their opening match on his home ground Mumbai against Pune Warriors. Nayar will not be playing for his home team, but his heart and mind are all with the King’s XI now. And, he is up for the challenge.

Sj Rr Was 7th And Kings 8th Were U Upset Last Year
yaah i was upset with :rr: last year but you know i am a gilly supporter,i was :dc: supporter till the aution. now gilly playing for :kxip: so am with gilly always but i am alwyas a big fan of warnie.

Marsh Gilly Hussey Karthik Nayar Chitnis/Sunny/Dogra/Valthaty/Mandeep/Nitin Harris PK Chawla IMO, there's depth in the batting lineup. I would've preferred if they had kept some of the local players like Yuvi/Harbhajan in the team. Though it would be interesting to see how the new comers like Bipul/Chitnis/Bhargav Bhatt/Nitin/Valthaty/Mandeep do this season. Bhargav got heaps of wickets this season in FC, tall left offie. Also watch out for Chitnis (small sturdy fellah) ; he also can score at a rapid pace.