Quadrangular Under-19 Series (India),Sept 2011/12

nsareen

I'm eagerly waiting to see some U19 cricket. Bored with the seniors. Need some fresh energy, WHO do not get injured like a blink of an eye. WATCH LIST OF U19 YOUNGSTERS : UNMUKT CHAND ---- DELHI : Pretty Soli Batsman, aggressive like Sehwag. RUSH KALARIA ---------- Gujrat: Guj won the U19 Vinoo Mankad Trophy, main contributor, this lad. Left Arm Fast Bowling all rounder. SANDEEP SHARMA : Punjab: Played in the Last World Cup, he was 16 then, now probably 17-18. Has banana Inswingers like PK. Faster than PK though. ANKIT BAWNE: Already Played Ranji and has impressed a lot of people DEEPAK CHAHAR: We all know what he did to hyderabad. Created a new Domestic Record. Don;t know how old is he, how is he eligible. Must be above 19 i guess. SHREYAS GOPAL: Karnataka : Batsman and a Leg Spin Bowler. Already has tons of articles on him, they say another Dravid in the Making. KUMAR DEOBRAT: Jharkand : Already has half centuries against Gujrat, Mumbai, in List A, has an average of 63 in List A and the strike rate is not bad also. MEHBOOB BASHA: ANDHRA : Off Spinner , has taken all 10 wickets in a match against Tripura.
Can we get these guys in the team for the Oval test? :hmmm:
How did u guys follow domestic and u-19 players so closely? Both nasreen and rkt.india are freaking better than our actual selectors.
I've been passionate for the game since my childhood. I feel more excited following the younger crop than the grownups. the emerging youngsters, are the future stars, it's always better to tap them early. That's why i follow the U-19, domestic cricket, to find out who are the young guns.
I've been passionate for the game since my childhood. I feel more excited following the younger crop than the grownups. the emerging youngsters' date=' are the future stars, it's always better to tap them early. That's why i follow the U-19, domestic cricket, to find out who are the young guns.[/quote'] same with me

Bawne named captain of India Under-19 squad

Maharashtra's Ankit Bawne has been named captain of the India Under-19 squad for the quadrangular series that will also feature Under-19 teams from Australia, West Indies and Sri Lanka to be played between September 27 and October 9 in Visakhapatnam. Jharkhand's Kumar Deobrat has been named vice-captain, and Delhi's Unmukt Chand has also been included in the squad. Sandeep Sharma from Punjab and Mumbai's Harmeet Singh are the only two players in the squad who were at the Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand last year, when India finished sixth. Chand made his Ranji Trophy debut last season, and scored a century against Railways in his fourth match. An aggressive opener, he was signed by Delhi Daredevils for the IPL but played only two games. Bawne made his Ranji debut in 2007, at the age of just 15. He got a first-class century in 2009, and then another in 2010. He is yet to score a List A half-century. Harmeet, a left-arm spinner, impressed in his first two Ranji Trophy matches in 2009-10, taking 12 wickets, and then bagged his first five-for in the 2010-11 season. Also in the squad is Delhi left-arm spinner Vikas Mishra, who took 18 wickets in the 2010-11 Ranji season. Deobrat score 191 runs at an average of 63.66 and strike-rate of 84.51 during Jharkhand's successful campaign in the 2010-11 Vijay Hazare Trophy. Squad: Ankit Bawne (captain), Kumar Deobrat (vice-captain), Unmukt Chand, Akhil Herwadkar, Baba Apparajith, Hanuma Vihari, Smit Patel, Akshdeep Nath, Vikas Mishra, Harmeet Singh, Kamal Passi, Rush Kalaria, Mohsin Sayyad, Sandeep Sharma, Manan Vohra
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/532867.html Looking forward to see how Sandeep Sharma performs in this tournament,I was impressed by him in U19 world cup.