Cricket Coincidences

Most of us know of the quite amazing coincidence of the centenary Test where Australia beat England by 45 runs, exactly the same margin as in 1877 - 100 years earlier. When I came to live where I do now, there was an old cricket wicket in the paddock across the road. We found out it was laid in 1930. We cleaned it up and patched a few cracks in the concrete and started playing games against other valleys/districts. We had to cover the concrete with canvas matting. After a few matches, it became obvious we'd have to replace the wicket as it was getting dangerous. We made another one in a different part of the paddock and had a big celebration match as the last on the old wicket. Here's the coincidence (2 actually). Doug Dunne, the farmer who'd organised the laying of the old wicket, 50 years previous, died on the morning of the match. Our top scorer made 76. We only found out during the following week Doug had died, aged 76. Got any good cricket coincidence stories ?

My friend, who is a good fast bowler, has had a rather embarrassing coincidence. He has been hit for a 6 off the last ball of the match, not twice but three times. Each time by a different batsman facing his first delivery. And every time, the 6, hit off him, was the winning shot.

My friend' date=' who is a good fast bowler, has had a rather embarrassing coincidence. He has been hit for a 6 off the last ball of the match, not twice but three times. Each time by a different batsman facing his first delivery. And every time, the 6, hit off him, was the winning shot.[/quote'] OUCH! During the West Indies tour to England in 2004 Andrew Flintoff hit a 6 into the crowd at Edgbaston. A man in the crowd tried his best to catch it but it went through his hands. Later it was found out that man was FF's father.