A muslim woman gives talaak through mail cleric says she can't

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/muslim-woman-divorces-husband-clerics-overrule-her/44019-3.html Tonk (Rajasthan): Women divorcing their husbands is a rarity among Muslims, but what is even more rare is a woman who sends the talaqnama (divorce notice) to her husband by post. Hasina, a mother of seven children, from the small town of Tonk in Rajasthan, has done just that. Hasina says she was being tortured by her husband Mohammed Sharif and when Sharif asked for another Rs 1 lakh from her family, she decided she had had enough. And Hasina is not alone in her decision. Her father is right behind her in this tough time. "He hits her and says get Rs 1 lakh from your father. Where do i get the money from?" asks her father. However, her husband has thrown a spanner in the works. Sharif has refused a divorce, saying he cannot bear the burden of seven children alone. He wants a second chance. "Everyone makes a mistake. We have seven children. I am not going to give her a divorce for their sake," says he. And Sharif might get a chance to make amends, as the clergy has questioned Hasina's right to divorce. Says Muslim Personal Law Board member, Manjjur Alam, "The way Hasina has sent a talaqnama to her husband, its not the done thing." Adds Priest, Khandane Amereria, Tonk, Umar Nadvi, "Only a man can give a talaq like this." Islamic scholars say women do have a right to seek divorce, but in the rarest of cases, for which certain conditions are laid down. The clergy might want to go by the book, but Hasina is sure of what she wants.

>>>>However, her husband has thrown a spanner in the works. Sharif has refused a divorce, saying he cannot bear the burden of seven children alone If it had been the other way round ...this ba$tard wouldn't have blinked before dumping his team of kids along with his wife.

Guest dada_rocks
Why the fack these people have 7 children is beyond me. :haha:
bechare garib hain aur koi entertainment ka sadhan nahin hai..

If it had been the other way round ...this ba$tard wouldn't have blinked before dumping his team of kids along with his wife.
A typical female mindset, sorry to say. If you talk of divorce, specially when it comes to child support the odds are heavily loaded in the favour of a female. This is true in India as it is true in the West. Look at it this way - Had the man divorced his wife he would be liable to pay child support for the kids, if the woman initiates the divorce whats wrong if the man says he wont be able to bear the burden on his own? xxx

Guest dada_rocks

Bhaiya mere nirodh ka ham virodh karte hain kyuki iske upyog ke uprant sambhog ki kirya ke rasaswadan mein ak kami awatarit ho jati hai.:haha: On serious note it's not that easily available and talking about haram/halal anything which goes against the metaphor of a peasant-going-to-his-field-with-tilth-in-hand is haraam.

The number one reason for large families in developing countries, is that women dont work. Women who work are less likely to want to burden their career with children, hence smaller families. Perhaps reservation is a good thing then - it means areas of the population more subject to militant ideals will be pacified and have lower birth rates.

A typical female mindset, sorry to say. If you talk of divorce, specially when it comes to child support the odds are heavily loaded in the favour of a female. This is true in India as it is true in the West. Look at it this way - Had the man divorced his wife he would be liable to pay child support for the kids, if the woman initiates the divorce whats wrong if the man says he wont be able to bear the burden on his own? xxx
Excuse me!!! I don't believe this is coming from you lurker... Do you even know the reality of child support in India?Women are paid pittance in the name of child maintainance.It takes years before cases are settled . Your views seem to be clouded by cases of gold diggers in the west. This woman is a poor house wife who is looking after his kids by making newspaper bags.How is he affected by her leaving him?This man doesn't treat her well but wants her to stay with him as a free servant and child bearing factory.The only khunnas this guy has is that he got dumped. Remember ...this guy is a muslim male .He is not required by law to pay maintainance to her.In fact ...since she is divorcing him...she even loses her claim to meher.You probably save your "male " sympathy for the poor guys who say talaq three times and wash their hands off the women who gives their youth ....blood and bones for these " poor men".

Remember ...this guy is a muslim male .He is not required by law to pay maintainance to her.In fact ...since she is divorcing him...she even loses her claim to meher.You probably save your "male " sympathy for the poor guys who say talaq three times and wash their hands off the women who gives their youth ....blood and bones for these " poor men".
Touche. Was about to mention the same point.

Excuse me!!! I don't believe this is coming from you lurker... Do you even know the reality of child support in India?Women are paid pittance in the name of child maintainance.It takes years before cases are settled . Your views seem to be clouded by cases of gold diggers in the west. This woman is a poor house wife who is looking after his kids by making newspaper bags.How is he affected by her leaving him?This man doesn't treat her well but wants her to stay with him as a free servant and child bearing factory.The only khunnas this guy has is that he got dumped. Remember ...this guy is a muslim male .He is not required by law to pay maintainance to her.In fact ...since she is divorcing him...she even loses her claim to meher.You probably save your "male " sympathy for the poor guys who say talaq three times and wash their hands off the women who gives their youth ....blood and bones for these " poor men".
well said...

Guest dada_rocks
All hail that heavenly muslim personal law

Guest dada_rocks
The number one reason for large families in developing countries, is that women dont work. Women who work are less likely to want to burden their career with children, hence smaller families. Perhaps reservation is a good thing then - it means areas of the population more subject to militant ideals will be pacified and have lower birth rates.
I beg to differ each and every of these poor folks' women work as labourer. Yes they are in unorganized sector but work nonetheless. In fact they work harder than their organized sector counterpart.

All hail that heavenly muslim personal law
I agree with you , on this one. The unfortunate thing is none of the Muslim posters here will even comment on this kind of thread. I hope we have a uniform civil code , so that women's right's can be protected under social democracy constitution.

Guest dada_rocks
I agree with you ' date=' on this one. The unfortunate thing is none of the Muslim posters here will even comment on this kind of thread. [b']I hope we have a uniform civil code , so that women's right's can be protected under social democracy constitution.
extremist alert:hysterical: