Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???

Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???  

1. 1.

• To "guide" youngsters like Jadeja in the team
    • To get his 100th 100 as he knows he's gonna struggle in Tests
    • He wanted to have a longer vacation in Aus so he came "back" for Aussie tri series
    • Can't say. It's a head scratcher and I have no clue

Sachin is there in the team so people like you can blame him when India looses.. If he scores and we loose, then he is not a "finisher". If he does not score, then he is obviously responsible for the loss since the other 10 players got demoralized by his dismissal.. If we win and he scores, then so what .. that was expected if you have been playing cricket for so long.. To me, there should be one and only criteria for a player to retire - if you are not contributing to the team as a batsman or a bowler. By that yardstick, just pick up last 6 months stats and start from the lowest performing batsmen and bowlers. You might get a surprising result! BTW, I am not a SRT bhakt, and will gladly want him to go if he is not performing.. not just when he is 39 or 49 years old.

Sachin is there in the team so people like you can blame him when India looses.. If he scores and we loose, then he is not a "finisher". If he does not score, then he is obviously responsible for the loss since the other 10 players got demoralized by his dismissal.. If we win and he scores, then so what .. that was expected if you have been playing cricket for so long.. To me, there should be one and only criteria for a player to retire drop- if you are not contributing to the team as a batsman or a bowler. By that yardstick, just pick up last 6 months stats and start from the lowest performing batsmen and bowlers. You might get a surprising result! BTW, I am not a SRT bhakt, and will gladly want him to go if he is not performing.. not just when he is 39 or 49 years old.
FTFY - retirement is a voluntary decision that should be left upto the individual - and something which is not crossing visual_cortex-brain barrier of certain folks here. Also, here is the summary of your first para in tabular form. qBnkK.jpg
You have had 20 years of hate towards him. Now you spot a weakness you jump all over the great man! Shameless. You have been hammering him for yonks and he has constantly supplied you with egg for you to plant on your face. Anyhow enjoy the moment
Rubbish. Also you have been up to this game for years now, of needlessley going after him. Your track record in going after him is obvious. Why the jealousy towardS him? Anyway you are always saying you hate cricket now and dont follow it (delusions of superior intellect which means cricket is too dumb for you, no doubt paintings are more up your alley now). Yet suddenly interested in it again when chance to throw vitriol on SRT
well said! lurker mian comes out of his hole only when Sachin and Team India goes through rough patches. Rest of the times he "hates" cricket as you rightly put..was not this active even during world cup :cantstop: Except few newbies, I don't think anyone here cares about lurker mian's thoughts on Sachin. Anyone who missed apna mian's past gems on Sachin pls click on the link below..this is just a trailer though :giggle: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1544092&postcount=602

Ganguly has raised the same question which I did in OP, i.e. SRT can't pick and choose the odis he wants to play. Either he's in the odi team or he's not. Here's the excerpt...

Sourav Ganguly has said Sachin Tendulkar needs to reconsider his decision to keep playing one-day cricket. Ganguly said Tendulkar should only continue his ODI career if he thought he was capable of playing one-dayers regularly because it would not help Tendulkar or the team if he only played every eight or nine months. "Sachin has to ask himself whether he is good enough to play one-day cricket day in and day out; whether it's helping him missing tournaments and playing a one-day series after eight-nine months," Ganguly told news channel Headlines Today, "whether it's helping him as a one-day player or if it's helping the Indian one-day team. If Sachin can't get an answer to these questions, he has to go." Tendulkar is playing the Commonwealth Bank Series in Australia after not having played an ODI since the World Cup final in April 2011. "It affects everyone's form if Tendulkar keeps coming in and going out of one-day tournaments," Ganguly said. "I said after the World Cup that Sachin needs to look at his one-day career because he has achieved everything in one-day cricket." Ganguly, however, said it was unrealistic to expect the Indian selectors to tell someone of Tendulkar's stature that he needed to retire. "I don't see any of the selectors stepping in," Ganguly said. "They are not going to stand in front of Sachin Tendulkar and say 'Listen little champ, you need to go'. That is never going to happen."
The more worrying part is that selectors can't ask SRT to retire. I mean is it any surprise our record in intl cricket is nowhere close to what it should have been based on the resources and popularity we have for cricket? When a player is stronger than the selectors, and even the game, how exactly will we ever be good consistently? Here's the link to the article... http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/554810.html
Kitna vela hai yaar tu. Not only did you make this thing but also failed to realize how useless it is.
As if you are getting paid for typing here :).. (btw, you should have considered at your post count/day before bringing up point of vela-panti :D ) I created it last year I guess, and even then it took about as much time as for you to read and reply to this. So - we are even at least.
Shows to what extent folks will go to just to justify SRT's place in the team. I am amazed he didn't come out with a full blown flowchart :haha:
and how is that excel-shot a case for place in the team?
As if you are getting paid for typing here :).. (btw, you should have considered at your post count/day before bringing up point of vela-panti :D ) I created it last year I guess, and even then it took about as much time as for you to read and reply to this. So - we are even at least. and how is that excel-shot a case for place in the team?
By claiming no matter what Sachin will always be blamed and that we should simply let him be in the team. But I'm glad ex-cricketers like Kapil and Ganguly are beginning to see the light, specifically Ganguly's comments on Sachin picking & choosing odis.
Ganguly has raised the same question which I did in OP, i.e. SRT can't pick and choose the odis he wants to play. Either he's in the odi team or he's not. Here's the excerpt... The more worrying part is that selectors can't ask SRT to retire. I mean is it any surprise our record in intl cricket is nowhere close to what it should have been based on the resources and popularity we have for cricket? When a player is stronger than the selectors, and even the game, how exactly will we ever be good consistently? Here's the link to the article... http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/554810.html
Although I can see why you have clubbed Ganguly's article within this thread, I would have personally preferred to see it be its open thread. For the following reasons: 1) Ganguly obviously stayed lot longer than he should have and thereby is no position to criticise the false God. (Thats the SRT loony crowd stance so lets get that out of the way first). Seriously though here are pertinent points: a) Ganguly has spent more time in the middle with Sachin that any other player, with exception of perhaps Rahul Dravid. In LOI Ganguly-SRT pair is one of the all time greats and purely from LOI perspective hard to see anyone else who knows SRT's game as well as Ganguly. b) While one can criticize Ganguly as a player, and his position in ATG list, his role as the tactician is beyond reproach. He is perhaps our best skipper post Pataudi-Wadekar era, and clearly the best of modern era. The way he rallied the team was exemplary. His role as a skipper to make India what it became in early to mid 2000s is lot more than any indiviual contribution, including SRT. So when Ganguly speaks of strategy and tactics specially with World Cup in mind, one should listen. c) It takes gumption to say that NO Selectors has the balls to drop/retire SRT. Thats a simple statement but one that cheerleaders like Bhogle, Shastri and Sunny would never do. Sanjay Manjrekar can perhaps come close but even he wouldnt utter it. Which is a shame because as a commentator Ganguly's experience is fractional of what these old budhao chewtiyas have been dissing day in day out. d) Lastly, when Ganguly was fighting for a place in the team he went on to say how no one was irreplacable and even Dravid, VVS and himself could be axed. He had then stopped and said, and I paraphrase, everyone except Sachin...Sachin would never be dropped. You have to wonder if that was driven purely by performance OR it was a wry acceptance of how selectors would mollycoddle SRT, and if the latter what does it say to the rest of the players in the team? Points to ponder me thinks. xxxx
As if you are getting paid for typing here :).. (btw, you should have considered at your post count/day before bringing up point of vela-panti :D ) I created it last year I guess, and even then it took about as much time as for you to read and reply to this. So - we are even at least. and how is that excel-shot a case for place in the team?
Sure. I was struck by that when I saw it. btw are my posts/day above average?
Although I can see why you have clubbed Ganguly's article within this thread, I would have personally preferred to see it be its open thread. For the following reasons: 1) Ganguly obviously stayed lot longer than he should have and thereby is no position to criticise the false God. (Thats the SRT loony crowd stance so lets get that out of the way first). Seriously though here are pertinent points: a) Ganguly has spent more time in the middle with Sachin that any other player, with exception of perhaps Rahul Dravid. In LOI Ganguly-SRT pair is one of the all time greats and purely from LOI perspective hard to see anyone else who knows SRT's game as well as Ganguly. b) While one can criticize Ganguly as a player, and his position in ATG list, his role as the tactician is beyond reproach. He is perhaps our best skipper post Pataudi-Wadekar era, and clearly the best of modern era. The way he rallied the team was exemplary. His role as a skipper to make India what it became in early to mid 2000s is lot more than any indiviual contribution, including SRT. So when Ganguly speaks of strategy and tactics specially with World Cup in mind, one should listen. c) It takes gumption to say that NO Selectors has the balls to drop/retire SRT. Thats a simple statement but one that cheerleaders like Bhogle, Shastri and Sunny would never do. Sanjay Manjrekar can perhaps come close but even he wouldnt utter it. Which is a shame because as a commentator Ganguly's experience is fractional of what these old budhao chewtiyas have been dissing day in day out. d) Lastly, when Ganguly was fighting for a place in the team he went on to say how no one was irreplacable and even Dravid, VVS and himself could be axed. He had then stopped and said, and I paraphrase, everyone except Sachin...Sachin would never be dropped. You have to wonder if that was driven purely by performance OR it was a wry acceptance of how selectors would mollycoddle SRT, and if the latter what does it say to the rest of the players in the team? Points to ponder me thinks. xxxx
The reason I didn't do so is coz there are already multiple threads and the main theme was what I had in OP. But yeah, I didn't cover all the points so go ahead and feel free to open a new thread.
By claiming no matter what Sachin will always be blamed and that we should simply let him be in the team. But I'm glad ex-cricketers like Kapil and Ganguly are beginning to see the light' date=' specifically Ganguly's comments on Sachin picking & choosing odis.[/quote'] Abey dhakkan, did you even notice the context I posted that excel for? normally hee itni bakaiti karta hai ya aajkal heat season chal raha hai?
Abey dhakkan, did you even notice the context I posted that excel for? normally hee itni bakaiti karta hai ya aajkal heat season chal raha hai?
Pls feel free to provide indepth insight into that wonderful spreadsheet on SRT. I am all eyes yearning to know the context around the spreadsheet and maybe add in a flowchart as well for more detailed analysis :giggle: