Best Bowler In This Test

Underrated RP Singh has been the premier bowler from either side in this Test match. RP Singh 7 wickets @ 16.71, SR 28.7 Jimmy Anderson 7 wickets @ 17.85, SR 42.2 Ryan Sidebottom 6 wickets @ 17.83, SR 41.0 Zaheer Khan 6 wickets @ 23.5, SR 46.3 Tremlett 4 wickets @ 26, SR 61.5 Sreesanth 3 wickets @ 43, SR 76 Kumble 3 wickets @ 43.33, SR 80 Panesar 2 wickets @ 42.5, SR 102.0 Ganguly 1wicket @ 24, SR 54 Couple of points. Was RP underbowled? Secondly, how exactly did Panesar outbowl Kumble in this Test, Gats?

It's obvious that Anderson and RP Singh have been the best bowlers in this test match .Anderson got 6 top and middle order batsmen and only one tailender whereas RP singh got 5 top and middle order batsmen and two tailenders. Interestingly , Anderson did most of the damage in the first innings and RP Singh in the more important second innings. I guess RP singh was under bolwed in the second innings in the sense that Zaheer ended up bowling 28 overs to his 16 overs only.Stats apart , Monty definitely had more bite in his bowling than kumble .

Secondly, how exactly did Panesar outbowl Kumble in this Test, Gats?
Dhonds... those stats cannot be a direct comparison between kumble and Panesar... because the opposition is not the same.... it is like saying, if a bowler A take 3 wickets against Australia and bowler B takes 4 wickets against Bangladesh, B is better.... I would rather see, how others of same kind fared against Bangladesh while rating B apart from looking at his stats in a standalone manner...

RP Singh and Sidebottom were the pick of the seamers. Anderson despite 5 fer in the first inning bowled pretty badly in the second inning. Yesterday he may not have bowled more than 8-10 balls in the right areas. He repeatedly bowled way too short to Laxman and Dhoni. Zaheer was not bad despite his bungle in the first inning. Sreesanth and Tremlett were terrible despite few wickets they picked. I don't reckon Monty and Anil could have done any better at all.

I thought Tremlett bowled fairly well, actually. I liked the look of him. Although at times it sounded like David Lloyd was talking about him on air with one hand down his trousers. I'll be honest...prior to Lords, I thought RP Singh was the most mediocre Indian seamer to have donned national colours since the mighty Iqbal Siddiqui a few years back. He impressed the hell out of me.

I thought Tremlett bowled fairly well, actually. I liked the look of him. Although at times it sounded like David Lloyd was talking about him on air with one hand down his trousers. I'll be honest...prior to Lords, I thought RP Singh was the most mediocre Indian seamer to have donned national colours since the mighty Iqbal Siddiqui a few years back. He impressed the hell out of me.
Tremlett hard put the ball in the right area entire yesterday. He was walking back to the crease as if he was on crutches. His 80 mph bowling and in particularl making the batters play less was not going to get him a 5 fer for sure. Vaughan's captaincy was pretty crap too. He hardly rushed his bowlers knowing clearly it was a matter of time bad weather would kick in any time.
Tremlett hard put the ball in the right area entire yesterday. He was walking back to the crease as if he was on crutches. His 80 mph bowling and in particularl making the batters play less was not going to get him a 5 fer for sure. Vaughan's captaincy was pretty crap too. He hardly rushed his bowlers knowing clearly it was a matter of time bad weather would kick in any time.
If I am not mistaken , he and Sreesanth clocked above 90 mph on one or two occasions. And he is definitely fast medium more in the range of 82 to 87 mph.
If I am not mistaken ' date=' he and Sreesanth clocked above 90 mph on one or two occasions. And he is definitely fast medium more in the range of 82 to 87 mph.[/quote'] One or two balls I guess, that's about it. Pace is not an issue but he hardly looks menacing for the kind of frame he has. 82 miles is fast medium KR? In fact he looked pretty disinterested in the first session. If you will revisit the game you will notice that.

all the 3 indian pacers were consistently bowling over 85mph with Sree touching 90mph... tht is really heartening... Sreesanth with some experience will learn to control at tht speed.... jus from watching him for the past year, i feel, this is a bowler who can consistently bowl at 90mph, if he keeps working on his game and fitness... the attitude and hunger is there, which has been lacking in all the other potential 90mphers... Nehra, Agarkar, Munaf etc...