Will sachin ever achieve any of these?

1. Score 500 or more runs in a test series (Can't believe he hasn't done this yet!!) 2. Century in each innings of a test match 3. Triple century. Lara, Dravid, Sehwag, ponting, Hayden, etc have acheived at least two of the above 3 (Lara infact all three ) but SRT :embaressed_smile: . I've been waiting for so long to see SRT scoring a triple century but he never looked like doing that. I don't think he'd come close to adding any of the above three feats in his resume. SAD but TRUE!!!! IMO, he has clearly lost the battle (best batsman of our generation) to Lara PS: Please keep away "Winning is important...doesn't matter how one individual performs" kinda comments. This thread ain't about that.....

The first one is possble , if we play a five test match series. The second one is seemingly harder , coz Sachin is now capable of scoring two 100's in 2 innings only against attacks like Bangladesh. And if he had scored a century in the first innings , then surely the pitch would have been docile enough for the other batsman to make runs too .So our first innings total would be massive one and at the worst we would be left with chasing 70-90 in the second innings The third - Not in my life.

1. Score 500 or more runs in a test series (Can't believe he hasn't done this yet!!) 2. Century in each innings of a test match 3. Triple century.
1) He can yes. The man still has the goods. But he would need to play in 3 plus Test series, find it hard to beleive he can score 500 plus runs in 6 innings(or less) today. 2) Don't think so. 3) Little chance of doing this. Most people score big towards the start of their career, maybe because of the huge physical effort it requires, not to mention immense concentration. Truth be told I would be happy if Sachin scores a 200 today against Australia, South Africa, Pakistan etc..let alone 300. xxx
3) Little chance of doing this. Most people score big towards the start of their career, maybe because of the huge physical effort it requires, not to mention immense concentration.
Matty Hayden and Lara were past 33 when they broke the records for the highest scores. But yes , Niether is Sachin as sublime a stroke maker as Lara was , nor is he as physically strong as Hayden is.

In the same breath you could ask if anyone's going to score over 400 runs in a test match and over 500 runs in a first class. Only one batsman has done that ever i.e Brian Charles Lara and not even Bradman. That doesn't make him an automatic choice for the best batter ever does it? 500 runs in a first class game and 400 in a test match is just insane. How can anyone score 500 runs is beyond me?

They are all impossible. India won't be playing any 5 test series in the near future so you can rule out the 500 run record. To his credit, he scored 450 in 3 tests vs Australia in 1998, which is close enough. In his current vein of form, even a test series spanning 5 matches wouldn't be enough for him to tally 500 runs - he just isn't good enough to score that prolifically. Century in both innings - who gives a sh*t ? Viv Richards hasn't done this either, big deal. Triple hundred - impossible. When he was at his peak, the batting lineup wasn't capable of supporting him for a 100 overs. Now, he just isn't capable of playing a long innings.

1. Score 500 or more runs in a test series (Can't believe he hasn't done this yet!!) 2. Century in each innings of a test match 3. Triple century. Lara, Dravid, Sehwag, ponting, Hayden, etc have acheived at least two of the above 3 (Lara infact all three ) but SRT :embaressed_smile: . I've been waiting for so long to see SRT scoring a triple century but he never looked like doing that. I don't think he'd come close to adding any of the above three feats in his resume. SAD but TRUE!!!! IMO, he has clearly lost the battle (best batsman of our generation) to Lara PS: Please keep away "Winning is important...doesn't matter how one individual performs" kinda comments. This thread ain't about that.....
Yousuf achieved the 1st 2 in 1 series(IIRC he ended up with 600+ runs in 3 tests)

Sachin never gets runs in a bunch......hes more consistent that way than Lara ,Hayden and sehwag.....the 3 most recent 300 makers. Sachin will never get the 300 nor will lara score as consistently as Sachin. The game has changed so much in the last few years that you cant get a 300 unless 1. its a very weak team (Like for hayden) - But Sahin has to wait for 3 wickets to get in and by the time he gets near 200 the teams score is more or less near 600 and anything above that is just useless for the team. See his 240 against Aus or 250 against BD..Both times he had to bat with the declarations on his mind for the last 100 runs. So this wont happen for Sachin. 2. Flat road (like lara and jayasurya)-Sachin is never that selfish to bat 2 or 3 days just to get a record score and play for a draw ..... just in the 1st innings. Unless Sachin becomes the captain and all 5 bowlers are injured during the match, India will always declare before Sachin gets a chance for 300. 3. Good batting track and hopeless bowlers (Like sehwag) - For this he has to get his runs at very good SR and those days has passed him. When he could play like sehwag, he didnt have the temperament for a long innings and when he did develop the patience reqd for a long innings, his game has gone south. Youhana,Lara,Hayden,ponting,Dravid,Sehwag will never be as consistent in both ODIs and Tests for 15 years as Sachin has been and Sachin might never get a 300 or a 500 .....

Sachin never gets runs in a bunch......hes more consistent that way than Lara ,Hayden and sehwag.....the 3 most recent 300 makers. Sachin will never get the 300 nor will lara score as consistently as Sachin.
Still cant believe how Sehwag made a triple ton, against a pretty decent attack. But yes , He was in the form of his life then and loved the Pak attack to bits. I say he is the most unexpected entry into the club triple century makers

But Shwetabh , isnt 300 a quantum leap ahead ? You need tremendous amounts of skill, luck , stamina to make a 300. When I now see your post , I am forced to have re-think , but how many of would have bet on Sehwag making a triple ? Oh , how I wish we could get that Sehwag back . With him firing when he did , he almost gave us 10% advantage even before the test match started.

But Shwetabh ' date=' isnt 300 a quantum leap ahead ? You need tremendous amounts of [b']skill, luck , stamina to make a 300.
As far as skill - If you are a good player getting a 100 (or any good score) or a 300 doesnt take a giant leap in skill level... You bat the same way whether u are at 10 or at 290. Luck - This is true. But again one can get 5 chances within a space of 10 balls or get 5 chances in a space of 500 balls. Nothing anyone can do abt this. Stamina- This is a very big criteria for a big innings but the way sehwag(or hayden and lara did) plays, he took much less deliveries than what Dravid takes to score 200s.. I am surprised you missed the most important factor for a huge innings, Concentration.. This is where Sachin failed in the 90s. You need immense concentration for a huge innings. Sehwag,again here really didnt concentrate much most of the time. He just plays his game whether he at 10 or at 290....This is one reason why sehwag is a big innings player. When he gets stuck, he will keep playing till he gets out. Its easier for him to settle down after innings breaks. But for players like dravid and sachin, they treat each session as a new session and make only about 40-50 runs per session...On an avg sehwag to get 150 needs to play 2 sessions but dravid has to play 5.

Tendulkar would definitely have had more double hundreds had Dravid or Ganguly entered 'test batsmen guru' status earlier. However I doubt Tendulkar will score a 300 now, its too late IMO. IMO tendulkar has to concentrate on getting his SR to above 60, when he dips below that 60 he plays into a shell and invariably gets out. 1) Not going to happen, since we won't be playing a 4-5 match series for a while. 2) Indian batting line up is strong, hard to see that happening. 3) Nowdays his SR is too low, to get a 300. Plus he usually starts getting cramps after 100-150 scores. A 200 is also a reach for tendulkar at this point now.

he came remarkably close to first two, and incredibly, both against Australia. in the 1996 series, he burgled some 430 odd runs against a hapless warne, kasprowicz and the lot before losing out due to a 30 odd in the second innings of the third test, the test we unfortunately lost due to a brilliant hundred from mark taylor. i cant forget that match for i saw it at TGIF and had my first cold lagger with my uncle when i was just 14! later in the 2001 edition, the first test where we were outclassed in all departments of the game, he scored high 70s in both innings and in both instances, the decision was rather dubious. as for a triple, to be honest, unless we are playing on pancake attacks, and against the likes of a sami and co. none of our batsmen have the patience for a triple hundred, dravid included. sehwag managed it but i doubt it will ever happen again.
Zap' date=' an additional another factor which weighed against Tendulkar making double hundreds in the 90s was running out or the fear of running out of partners which forced him to take more risks than he would normally take.[/quote'] spot on... i recall the second test in 1996-1997 south africa were he was just unbeatable and managed a fiesty 160 something and was eventually dismissed since he ran out of partners and resorted to hitting everything out of the park... bacher got lucky and the ball stuck in his hand or we would have seen a magnificient 200.