karthick

I heard the same about SS das + ramesh; akash chopra + sehwag ; sehwag + jaffer
actually i dont know who said that about ssdas and ramesh but the later two have been quite successful. chopra lost favor due to his sedate 20s which made way for jaffer n gambhir whereas sehwag jagger lost out when sehwag self destructed. chopra and sehwag was working just fine but this partnership is a lot better. oh yeah, 10 points for your radiant optimism.
I heard the same about SS das + ramesh; akash chopra + sehwag ; sehwag + jaffer
I once thought the same thing, but none of those guys ever performed even close to the level that Karthik has throughout this series. He is a top class batsman. With Jaffer looking as solid as ever, this looks like a very good opening partnership.
oh yeah, 10 points for your radiant optimism.
i have been following cricket for the past 15 yrs and during this period i am yet to see an opening pair survive a year. Have seen the likes of Rathore, bangar, mongia, deepdas, wv raman open with little success to disappear within matter of one series.
i have been following cricket for the past 15 yrs and during this period i am yet to see an opening pair survive a year. Have seen the likes of Rathore' date= bangar, mongia, deepdas, wv raman open with little success to disappear within matter of one series.
sehwag has been opening the test batting for us since november 2003... and this is the first series where he has not opened (he did open in the test he played in south africa though that was not an opportune decision). jaffer has been opening for from day one and save for the first three tests karthick played (against australia in 2004), he has always opened. give them time, and if you have been following cricket for the past 15 years, some have been playing it for longer than that and if those experts feel that this partnership has something to offer, i would listen to them. another 10 points for your optimism.

I once read that Kaartik's Dad used to personally train him during his childhood. He would throw real cricket balls at Dinesh's Head to toughen him up...even though Dinesh would cry at getting hit. I guess that tough love really worked out. You gotta give Kaartik a lot of credit, I for one, thought his career was over when Dhoni came along...but he's adapted very well and transformed into a new and highly effective player.

I once read that Kaartik's Dad used to personally train him during his childhood. He would throw real cricket balls at Dinesh's Head to toughen him up...even though Dinesh would cry at getting hit. I guess that tough love really worked out. You gotta give Kaartik a lot of credit, I for one, thought his career was over when Dhoni came along...but he's adapted very well and transformed into a new and highly effective player.
you know thats exactly what i thought... especially in dhoni's freshman year... it seemed like kartick would be hard pressed to find a spot as the drinks bearer... but he has of late eclipsed dhoni when it comes to test matches. i think it would be a good idea to shuffle the wicketkeeping between them too to keep them both up and ready...