Lance Armstrong doping? Ripley's believe it or not.

Vikas Bhatt

This guy won 7 trophies on a trot and was to cycling world what Michael Shumachar was at one point to F1. He was tested during those 7 years as other athletes and never tested positive surely? Its to say that guy winning it year after year would have been under periodic tests and if he had tested for any stuff than, he would have been binned long back. It seems crazy that after all these years he is being accused of doping and in one move stripped of all his titles which surely looks harsh at this stage? Can anybody shed light on how this works and on what grounds has this whole thing been based? :((:omg:

The statements are based on a disgruntled ex-mechanic holding a grudge and people caught doping 'giving a statement' in exchange for a reprieve. It is not based on medical reports at this stage so purely circumstantial. So the bottom line is if I am going down the tube and have a chance to take down my greatest rival or a teammate whose accomplishments I envy, I can just name him and be assured of a reprieve and watch the fun from outside after lighting the fire? Surely legal justice cannot be this lacking?

Dude there are around 1 zillion witness statements from team mates and those closest to him. Corrobrartion etc Unless you are saying they are all making it up and Armstrong is only one telling the truth. The man is disgusting and a fraud. No better then Ben Johnson. All were doping at that time in tour de france. If you guys think he was the only one who wasnt and yet still kept winning you guys are delusional and probably think the earth is still flat

No sane person or organization can apply rules retrospectively if it can tell me what you do for a living and I will change rules and F you forever by doing the same. Just sick by USADA! :headshake:
What nonsense. So if you murder someone and then they find out 7 years later, you should not be prosecuted. What nonsense people type. He was a cheat and broke the rules massivley back then and was a cheat back then according to the rules. The fact he never got caught means you can't apply it retrospectivley, hogwash. He was a disgusting cheat. Yes all did it back then, but just cos he was amongst many he disgustingly cheated does not mean he should not be severley punished and stripped of titles. He is a false hero. He also showed he was a sick individual by the way he bullied people in to hiding it all up, giving £100 k donation to drug authorities(basically a bribe) etc etc. Read in to it, the accounts and scale of his cheating was enormous. Even know he is disgusting denying it despite all the evidence, thats why he is not disputing the charges now as eveidence is so overwhelming. In time he will admit to it, unless he is mad.

What nonsense. So if you murder someone and then they find out 7 years later, you should not be prosecuted. What nonsense people type. He was a cheat and broke the rules massivley back then and was a cheat back then according to the rules. The fact he never got caught means you can't apply it retrospectivley, hogwash. He was a disgusting cheat. Yes all did it back then, but just cos he was amongst many he disgustingly cheated does not mean he should not be severley punished and stripped of titles. He is a false hero. He also showed he was a sick individual by the way he bullied people in to hiding it all up, giving Ž£100 k donation to drug authorities(basically a bribe) etc etc. Read in to it, the accounts and scale of his cheating was enormous. Even know he is disgusting denying it despite all the evidence, thats why he is not disputing the charges now as eveidence is so overwhelming. In time he will admit to it, unless he is mad.
:hail: for equating murder with sports. Now, can we discuss facts? Read and enlighten us what happened else whatever you say is like Bishan Singh Bedi or Sarfaraz Nawaz blanket statements. It only remains an opinion and you 're entitled to have it. However, if you want to come out of your egg shell and make your opinion more acceptable by others please provide a timeline of what exactly happened & why didn't the USADA interfere during his entire cycling career.

Dude you need to read up on this and get rid of thos rose tinted glasses. There is so much evidence its overwhelming. I am not making the charges bedi style, why is Mr Armstrong not fighting the charges? The witch hunt theory is rubbish, why the hell would their be a witch hunt? I can tell you why he is not contesting the charges and thats cos he is guilty as hell and evidence is overwhelming. In due course, it may take years he will come clean. But his shameless denials mean he may not.

I think I am not wearing any rose tinted class. I am aware that PED was found in his blood but Armstrong played by the rules, took the blood tests and won the Tour de France PERIOD. Why should there be a retrospective analysis of what happened earlier? Here's an analogy to cricket if you can get it - Back in the day sixes were to be hit IF the ball clears the rope. If the ball hit the rope it would be considered a boundary. Now, the rule has changed. So should ICC go back & check who has scored what and change the results of the match? That's absurd- because there were certain rules placed back then and both teams adhered to it. Also, your theory of not contesting so guilty is pretty lame. It is easy for you to sit behind a computer screen and say that but Armstrong has other things in life including family, his foundation (which is growing pretty well) and his personal goals. Why should he waste millions of dollars on a process which is so unfair? Also, Armstrong is clearly singled out - the other cyclists are still racing. In addition, notice how the US Federal Agency did NOT pursue this case. The witch hunt can be due to many reasons foremost of which can be envy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19903716 So its totally confirmed that he was guilty. USADA report destroys him with hundreds of pages of EVIDENCE, not allegations but EVIDENCE. Including testimony of 11 former team mates amoingst the extensive witnesses and EVIDENCE. Mods change the title to Armstong is DRUG CHEAT, CONFIRMED! Armstrong is a disgrace and put in prison imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19903716 So its totally confirmed that he was guilty. USADA report destroys him with hundreds of pages of EVIDENCE, not allegations but EVIDENCE. Including testimony of 11 former team mates amoingst the extensive witnesses and EVIDENCE. Mods change the title to Armstong is DRUG CHEAT, CONFIRMED! Armstrong is a disgrace and put in prison imo.
:cantstop: If previous testimonies were enough, you can conjure up someone as a drug abuse by easily paying money to everyone. Half of them are either current cyclists or caught in a doping scandal. That's USADA report and version of it - even if this were true in my books USADA should be punished big time because they allowed such a thing to happen for years. Waiting for that to happen, until then. :bye: